• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom not paying Tuition, per support order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

youngdad

CO. Mom and I have 51-49% physical custody. Current support order states I pay her $400 per month, and she is to use that amount to pay for our child's kindergarten tuition. Mother has not paid any tuition and is over $3000 past due. Can I use this fact to file for contempt of court? To change primary custody? Do I pay the outstanding balance and lose out on over $4000, and allow the mother to pocket that much money???

LdiJ

CO. Mom and I have 51-49% physical custody. Current support order states I pay her $400 per month, and she is to use that amount to pay for our child's kindergarten tuition. Mother has not paid any tuition and is over $3000 past due. Can I use this fact to file for contempt of court? To change primary custody? Do I pay the outstanding balance and lose out on over $4000, and allow the mother to pocket that much money???
You can certainly file for contempt of court for mom not paying her share of the child's tuition. However it's absolutely irrelevant as to custody.

Silverplum

You use the info to file contempt of court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">