• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jack Tulane

Daughter is 22, graduated with a bachelor's in Business this summer. Has now chosen to continue her education and obtain a Masters in Marketing. She's a good student but not an honor student. I've been divorced from her mother since our daughter was 2 years old. I was alienated as a parent and denied visitations for so long that when my daughter was old enough to decide if she'd like to get to know me, it was too late. Mom had filled her head with lies. None the less, I have dutifully paid child support all this time but I have to say honestly now that I'm at a point where I'm wondering is this ever going to end? Like I said, she's TWENY TWO years old for God's sake, she lives with Mommy, has a car and a job....what more do I have to give at this point?? I'm seriously tapped out. I remarried and my wife of 17 years and our children have really had to go with out A LOT because of these payments. Any legal advise from a professional would be very much appreciated. Located in NJ.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Daughter is 22, graduated with a bachelor's in Business this summer. Has now chosen to continue her education and obtain a Masters in Marketing. She's a good student but not an honor student. I've been divorced from her mother since our daughter was 2 years old. I was alienated as a parent and denied visitations for so long that when my daughter was old enough to decide if she'd like to get to know me, it was too late. Mom had filled her head with lies. None the less, I have dutifully paid child support all this time but I have to say honestly now that I'm at a point where I'm wondering is this ever going to end? Like I said, she's TWENY TWO years old for God's sake, she lives with Mommy, has a car and a job....what more do I have to give at this point?? I'm seriously tapped out. I remarried and my wife of 17 years and our children have really had to go with out A LOT because of these payments. Any legal advise from a professional would be very much appreciated. Located in NJ.
No need to start another thread. Head on over to your other thread at https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/how-long-must-i-pay-562009.html and answer the question I asked please.

ETA: You KNEW of your obligations 17 years ago. Don't whine about it now...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">