• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More Cs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

movingonil

What is the name of your state? il

I just received my ex's taxs and he's reporting 10k more then when CS was determined. We haven't been divorced a year yet, and I just told him Im going to take him to court for the whole 20% that I am entitled to. He said I can't do that. Is he right! I want my money.

Neal1421

movingonil said:

I just received my ex's taxs and he's reporting 10k more then when CS was determined. We haven't been divorced a year yet, and I just told him Im going to take him to court for the whole 20% that I am entitled to. He said I can't do that. Is he right! I want my money.
According to your previous post you have been divorced for almost 2 years. Which one is it?

The answer is no, you will have to wait for your child support case to come up for review.

You are entitled to get a job.

movingonil said:

Hello everyone. I just stumbled across this site and thought I would give it a try. My ex and I have been divorced for almost two years. We have one child together, 10 year old little boy. I am recently remarried and planning on having another child. My ex doesn't know but I plan on not working once I have another child. My question is I want to go back for more child support because I know he makes 10K more now then when we divorced. Since my current spouse makes a fairly decent income, I can afford to stay home when we have a baby. I am worried that if I do not go for the increase now, i may not get it due to my new spouses income. Please let me know if anyone has any advice.

Last edited:

nextwife

If he were making 10K LESS, would you DEMAND you want a 20% adjustment reflecting this pay for the entire period of the decrease?

ceara19

movingonil said:

No you don't. You want HIS money.

AHA

movingonil said:

If you can afford to stop working and procreate some more, you don't need more cs. Stop being bitter and let your ex move on with his life.

movingonil

Thats right. I am entitled to HIS 20%. I have been told that i am entitled to 20% across the board! I want it! I need to provide for my child. I will go to court every year if I have to. My concern is my ex is saying I won't get it. I want to know if I will or not. Would i expect CS to go down if he made 10k less? NO because from what I understand a judge would see that he is capable of making more so i'd still get my CS. My ex also stated he will make me prove where I spend it, but once again i read that there is no law in illinois that states the mother must prove where it's spent. So again, am i truly entitled to HIS 20% every year!

movingonil

I am not being bitter. I am remarried and happy but my husband is NOT going to provide for my first child as he shouldn't. My first child is mine and my ex's responsibility ONLY. If my ex makes more money I want it! I dont care that it only will give me 166.00 more a month, If im entitled I want to know.

CJane

movingonil said:
So again, am i truly entitled to HIS 20% every year!
So, answer the questions...

In your original post, you'd just found out about the $10K, and stated you'd been divorced 2 years, and were advised that your husband's income will not be factored into future child support calculations, and in fact since you're in Illinois YOUR income isn't even factored in.

In this post, you state you just found out about the $10K, but haven't been divorced a year yet, and you're only concerned about getting what he 'owes' you.

Which is it? Because the timeframe does make a difference.

AND, it's possible that an increase of less than $1000/month wouldn't be enough for a review to take place anyway.

Neal1421

movingonil said:
Thats right. I am entitled to HIS 20%. I have been told that i am entitled to 20% across the board! I want it! I need to provide for my child. I will go to court every year if I have to.

You can't go to court every year, sorry that's not going to happen

My concern is my ex is saying I won't get it. I want to know if I will or not.

When it has been 3 years since your last hearing, then yes you may be able to get it.

Would i expect CS to go down if he made 10k less? NO because from what I understand a judge would see that he is capable of making more so i'd still get my CS. My ex also stated he will make me prove where I spend it, but once again i read that there is no law in illinois that states the mother must prove where it's spent. So again, am i truly entitled to HIS 20% every year!
He can't make you show how you are spending the CS but again you are not going to get that $10K included now. It's too late. Move on and get a job if you are having trouble providing for your child.

Silverplum

movingonil said:
Thats right. I am entitled to HIS 20%. I have been told that i am entitled to 20% across the board! I want it! I need to provide for my child. I will go to court every year if I have to. My concern is my ex is saying I won't get it. I want to know if I will or not. Would i expect CS to go down if he made 10k less? NO because from what I understand a judge would see that he is capable of making more so i'd still get my CS. My ex also stated he will make me prove where I spend it, but once again i read that there is no law in illinois that states the mother must prove where it's spent. So again, am i truly entitled to HIS 20% every year!
You've started at least 3 threads on this topic and have been given accurate legal information, complete with links to get you started.

We don't care about your stupid hooker tricks to get more money from your X. We're done with you now. Goodbye.

AHA

movingonil said:
I am not being bitter. I am remarried and happy but my husband is NOT going to provide for my first child as he shouldn't. My first child is mine and my ex's responsibility ONLY. If my ex makes more money I want it! I dont care that it only will give me 166.00 more a month, If im entitled I want to know.
But it's totally ok for YOU to not financially support YOUR child??????????? Gimme a break!!!

A piece of advice, KEEP YOUR JOB.

movingonil

I am supporting my child. I make a very good living. Thats besides the point. I want every last dime and penny that is due to me. Besides my ex is planning on buying a new home, so if he can afford to do that he must have money somewhere, and I want the best for my child.

Neal1421

movingonil said:
You are exactly right, it is your ex's and YOUR responsibility to provide for your son, not your current husband.

How exactly are YOU supporting your child?

Neal1421

movingonil said:
I am supporting my child. I make a very good living. Thats besides the point. I want every last dime and penny that is due to me. Besides my ex is planning on buying a new home, so if he can afford to do that he must have money somewhere, and I want the best for my child.
What do you want him to do live in a cardboard box so that your greedy ass can get more money to sit around and make more babies?

Lady, get real.

Try to take it back to court and see what happens then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">