• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother of child still married. Can I relinquish parental rights for best interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRevak

Be sure to remind the Court that only God can judge you for non-payment of child support.

(Anyone still want to pretend that the child won't be better off without him?)
Sadly there exists the other possibility. Mom and husband try to "work it out" but decide later that it just isn't happening. Husband then decides he isn't so accepting of the child after all and leaves never to see or speak to the child again. Either way you look at is, this poor kid is stuck in a crummy situation and all the adults here can concern themselves with is money. All of these people need to be kicked in the seats of their pants :mad:

Proserpina

Sadly there exists the other possibility. Mom and husband try to "work it out" but decide later that it just isn't happening. Husband then decides he isn't so accepting of the child after all and leaves never to see or speak to the child again. Either way you look at is, this poor kid is stuck in a crummy situation and all the adults here can concern themselves with is money. All of these people need to be kicked in the seats of their pants :mad:

I'll see your kick and raise you three contempt filings and a restraining order?

:D

On a more serious note - we only ever have the OP's side of things (well...there are some notable exceptions but they're not too common). Given the darling sentiment he's shown here...yeah, he needs to stay as far away from that poor child as is humanly possible.

Now I think about it, maybe the husband can rid himself of the shameless hussy and have her pay child support while he's the custodial parent.

RRevak

I'll see your kick and raise you three contempt filings and a restraining order?

:D

On a more serious note - we only ever have the OP's side of things (well...there are some notable exceptions but they're not too common). Given the darling sentiment he's shown here...yeah, he needs to stay as far away from that poor child as is humanly possible.

Now I think about it, maybe the husband can rid himself of the shameless hussy and have her pay child support while he's the custodial parent.
Oh if only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">