• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother committing insurance fraud stealing my child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwarn85

New York

I am 21 currently not living with my mother. She receives 600$ a week in child support and every 3 months she receives 1500$ that is supposed to be used for my health insurance. All of these we stipulated by the child support documents. Recently I had some serious medical issues and could not see a doctor because surprise! I have no insurance. My mother is stealing that money and using it for herself. This really should be under the fraud category but I couldn't find that option and this site is really annoying. I need serious help and I want to know my options. What steps do I need to take? Thank you.

New York

I am 21 currently not living with my mother. She receives 600$ a week in child support and every 3 months she receives 1500$ that is supposed to be used for my health insurance. All of these we stipulated by the child support documents. Recently I had some serious medical issues and could not see a doctor because surprise! I have no insurance. My mother is stealing that money and using it for herself. This really should be under the fraud category but I couldn't find that option and this site is really annoying. I need serious help and I want to know my options. What steps do I need to take? Thank you.

You don't need help, this is not your issue. This issue is between your mother and father.

You're welcome.:cool:

CSO286

New York

I work in child support.
This is not your problem. This is between your parents.

And you can still see a doctor--regardless of whether or not you have health insurance in place. What then becomes an issue is who is responsible for the costs.

And it is not your child support. It is your mother's child support. You are not a party to the action, though you are the subject of it.

Ladyback1

New York

What exactly does the child support documents say regarding when child support ends? At what age?

Kwarn85

So even though I'm the one being effected it has nothing to do with me. And yes I did see a doctor had to go to the E.R two nights in a row because no doctor would take me even though I could be easily treated in a doctors office. I'm experiencing physical and emotional pain because my mother deprived me of my health insurance that is stipulated in the child support documents. I have to go back to the hospital for a 3rd time to make sure everything is progressing the way it should. This could be done in a doctors office if my mother didnt steal from me. This seems criminal it's very discouraging you are saying there is nothing I can do.

So even though I'm the one being effected it has nothing to do with me. And yes I did see a doctor had to go to the E.R two nights in a row because no doctor would take me even though I could be easily treated in a doctors office. I'm experiencing physical and emotional pain because my mother deprived me of my health insurance that is stipulated in the child support documents. I have to go back to the hospital for a 3rd time to make sure everything is progressing the way it should. This could be done in a doctors office if my mother didnt steal from me. This seems criminal it's very discouraging you are saying there is nothing I can do.
We are saying that this is between mommy and daddy.

Your mommy is not stealing from you, end of story.

Ladyback1

This child has no business having possession of a document that he is not a party to. As it was already stated this is between his mother and his father.
it seemed that the OP already has looked at the document or has it in their possession.

And while I agree, the OP shouldn't, that doesn't necessarily mean that's how it happened.

OP, have you asked your mother about why you are no longer covered under insurance?

You may indeed need to apply for some sort of public assistance, or get a job that offers you insurance, or pay for your own insurance....

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Or offer to pay the cost to be added to a plan the parent may be on as a dependent.

ecmst12

Child support is always for the parent, never for the child. You are not a party to your parent's court order. Apply for Medicaid.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It could have been fixed with a very short internet search. Your mother isn't stealing from you. Your mother owes you nothing. There, physical and emotional pain has been relieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">