• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion To Clarify

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maddymax

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee I set a motion to clarify as ex's attorney put in the wrong number of days on the support guidline form and her attorney can't make the court date that was set. Does she have the right to have it changed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swtwilma

I am not sure how tn works but this happend to me as well. They can move the court date and they did with my case once. They tried to a second time and the court denied it. I think it just depends on the case and situation. You can call the judges assistant if you have questions. As far as the wrong days, are you sure they are wrong? You need to research and make sure you are figuring days out correctly. What is a full day, what is a half day and what is a quarter day. In arizona it is a 24 hour period that count for a full day and then it is broken down from there. When you get to court you will be able to state why your dates are right and hers are wrong. Have your child support worksheet done to reflect your time that you have researched and all of the documentation to support it. I am not sure if you have a lawyer, but either way it is good to have all the information and know your stuff before you go to court. Let me know if you have any more questions. I have been doing this by myself without legal council for the last 3 years and have done ok.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee I set a motion to clarify as ex's attorney put in the wrong number of days on the support guidline form and her attorney can't make the court date that was set. Does she have the right to have it changed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Yes she can get a continuance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hopefully TN works like the rest of the states, but you never know now do ya?!
And if you don't know then you find out or keep your mouth shut. Got it? YOU DO NOT POST ABOUT OTHER STATES when you have no clue. Google the rules of civil procedure if you don't have the knowledge. And then post the rules. But don't post if you have no clue how it works in her state.

Attorneys will be granted a continuance. It happens. Especially when it is not to cause unjust/undue prejudice or delay and there is a good reason for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">