• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to dismiss Child Support Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NorthStar00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

A year ago I filed PS-02, and CS-41 to modify child support. My income dropped $30,000. My ex-wife verbally agreed to accept a lesser amount however after I filed the motion she then rescinded that. Nine months after my pay was cut I got a new job and now my pay is back to where it was when I was initially divorced and the initial order for support was made. I would like to file a motion to dismiss, however she has stated I am not covering required health insurance however that is not the case. My insurance has changed 3 times (contractor) in the past year and each time she has received the cards as soon as I get them. How do I go about dismissing this and do her false claims also get dismissed?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

A year ago I filed PS-02, and CS-41 to modify child support. My income dropped $30,000. My ex-wife verbally agreed to accept a lesser amount however after I filed the motion she then rescinded that. Nine months after my pay was cut I got a new job and now my pay is back to where it was when I was initially divorced and the initial order for support was made. I would like to file a motion to dismiss, however she has stated I am not covering required health insurance however that is not the case. My insurance has changed 3 times (contractor) in the past year and each time she has received the cards as soon as I get them. How do I go about dismissing this and do her false claims also get dismissed?
Did you try to find your answer among the many helpful links TheGeekess has posted to your previous threads? https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=2398286

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Those links were a tremendous help when filing. However, now I'm attempting to dismiss.
Have you gone through all those links to find the information you need? It's all in the same place. If you don't understand the process, then you may wish to consult with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">