• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion vs Petition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessbot222

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

How do you know when representing yourself if you should submit a motion or a petition?

I am trying to have a person court ordered to sign a release of medical claim records for a minor. I am the non-custodial parent. The records are with Medicaid under my ex's name and they will not release without her authorization.

Last edited:

LdiJ

How do you know when representing yourself if you should submit a motion or a petition?

I am trying to have a person court ordered to sign a release of medical claim records for a minor. I am the non-custodial parent. The records are with Medicaid under my ex's name and they will not release without her authorization.
Why do you need the medical CLAIM records as opposed to the medical records from the children's provider? As the non-custodial parent the children's provider cannot refuse to release the records to you.

Jessbot222

She told the referee she had close to 2000 worth of unpaid bills that I am 100% to pay, this is now on my arrears. The only way to prove they were paid is for copies of the claim records from medicaid.

CourtClerk

I am the non-custodial parent.
Per your posting history, you are the non-custodial parent's girlfriend....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My boyfriends ex is basically taking him for everything he's worth already and now she's submitting medical expenses for him to pay. She never showed proof of these bills to the court but the referee added them to his arrears and now he owes 1927.00. The catch is not only did she not show proof, but their daughter is covered under medicaid at 100%. The courts court ordered she show him proof but will not remove the money from arrears and stated he needs to pay still. How can they do this with no proof? What can he do now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">