• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving out of the country without consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Donald Auger

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? is it ok for the custodial parent to move out of the country without getting signed approval from the non custodial parent and how does that effect child support payments?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? is it ok for the custodial parent to move out of the country without getting signed approval from the non custodial parent and how does that effect child support payments?
Details needed:

- WHo are you in this situation?
- What does the existing court order say about custody? (word for word, but without the names)
- What does the existing court order say about relocation? (word for word, but without the names)

CS is easy. Relocation will not affect child support unless the court order says something about it (which would be very rare). HOWEVER, since relocation will affect NCP's ability to visit with the child and increase the costs of visitation, it would probably be a change of circumstances which would allow NCP to request a modification to their CS.

Donald Auger

Here is the thing this woman purposely hid from me from the get go she did not want me to have anything to do with this child until her husband and her got pregnant again then she realized they needed more money which started the search for me! after she disappeared when i tried to find her! so the point being she has full custody! i was so distrought from this all i tried to talk to lawyers the state no really cared about my side of the situation and the main fact that i had moved on got married to a woman who had a daughter and had another one after we were married and a son and never really looked at the paper work i was sent.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Here is the thing this woman purposely hid from me from the get go she did not want me to have anything to do with this child until her husband and her got pregnant again then she realized they needed more money which started the search for me! after she disappeared when i tried to find her! so the point being she has full custody! i was so distrought from this all i tried to talk to lawyers the state no really cared about my side of the situation and the main fact that i had moved on got married to a woman who had a daughter and had another one after we were married and a son and never really looked at the paper work i was sent.
Now it comes out. Yes, you are legally obligated to support the child you (and she) created.

Just Blue

Have you ever met this child? Do you care to? Have you filed for visitation? How old is the child?

mistoffolees

Then it's time to look at the paper work now. Please do so and answer the questions I asked in post #3.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">