• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving out of U.S.A.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kisvz

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN

Iam a hungarian citizen with 2 children who were born in the States from an american woman.I am divorced, ordered by the court to pay childsupport.According to the childsupport agency if i move back to Hungary the amount of the childsupport would be based on my last place i worked in the States unless a Judge would change it .They said Judge would have some consideration of my situation but don't count on a significant amount reducing.My question is how can they order me to pay the same or close to the same amount of childsupport if the standard of living is much lower then in here.My gross paycheck would be half of what i have to pay right now.
So if anyone has any information how is that really works or have some kinda advise please write me back.I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Neal1421

kisvz said:
What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN

Iam a hungarian citizen with 2 children who were born in the States from an american woman.I am divorced, ordered by the court to pay childsupport.According to the childsupport agency if i move back to Hungary the amount of the childsupport would be based on my last place i worked in the States unless a Judge would change it .They said Judge would have some consideration of my situation but don't count on a significant amount reducing.My question is how can they order me to pay the same or close to the same amount of childsupport if the standard of living is much lower then in here.My gross paycheck would be half of what i have to pay right now.
So if anyone has any information how is that really works or have some kinda advise please write me back.I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
They can because the child's standard of living does not change just because you voluntarily leave the country.

Zephyr

Neal1421 said:
They can because the child's standard of living does not change just because you voluntarily leave the country.
unless he is no longer allowed to stay, like if his visa expired.....that would be an involuntary reduction in income, and may have an effect on the child support obligation

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">