• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving from Texas with child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgoslow87

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am pregnant and moving to Texas with the father to be. What documentation do I need to have so that if things do not work out, I am free to move out of state with my child?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
There's no such document.

If you move to Texas and have the baby and Dad is legally Dad, if you decide to leave he will be able to petition to have the baby remain in Texas.

LdiJ

There's no such document.

If you move to Texas and have the baby and Dad is legally Dad, if you decide to leave he will be able to petition to have the baby remain in Texas.
However, if you stay put where you are now, and have the baby there. Then go to visit dad with the baby to see how things work out, as long as you and the baby do not stay in TX long enough to become residents, you would be able to return with the baby to your original home state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">