• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MLLipson

I CAN'T make a dime have no source $, how can I be forced to pay Temp. Relief and ch

What is the name of your state?Florida

Hi- My name is Mike and I have a question. I am at the end of a year of acrimonious divorce, especially considering that there are no assets in this 18 yr marraige but a house worth maybe a gross profit of $170K. That's it! I have no been collecting ssi/disability, because my wife "claimed" she checked with disability and I did not qualify. Of course with cronic intractable back pain on medication, diabetes, obesity, High blood pressure and a few others I certainly will qualify now. The unusual circumstance of this divorce is that my brother has supported my wife , 13 yr old son and myself for last the six years I am disabled. By the way , disability not from accident, degenerative disease. Iunfortunately had bad legal counsel at time and he coerced me into signing a Temorary Relief agreement where there was a termination date of 8/31/04, but some how it has legally been able to continue. The amount of child support has not been established yet, but the FINAL TRIAL is in 7 days on 12/16/04. My brothers testimony basically is that as a citizen of CA., the CHARITY that he gave my family over the past 6 years, was charity and of course, he states that it would be ridiculous to attempt to legislate him to continue to pay this support as he is my brother not my wife's husband. I have no ability to make money as was clearly proved with testimony from expert witness, a Vocation expert, who declared me not able to work, but did in fact declare my wife abled bodied and able to work and command a good salary. She worked about the first few yrs. of our marriage, that was it. Her greed made her inviegle from AMEX about $11K from my account fraudulently getting another crd from AMEX by saing she lost her card and could she havea replacement. I already had canceled this AMEX card though, so AMEX is suing me. The house is in peril of foreclosure in 30 days and since I have not had any money , living in a 1 room bedroom in my parents house( because one day she changed the locks to the house , when I was out so for 1 year i have lived with my parents at the age of 49!). She is now working part time making little . The house is up for sale and maybe I pray we c an beat the foreclosure. I am arrears in all payments associated and related to a house, ie FPL, LAWN, Bellsouth, Adelphia) I pay for my sons health insurance now and clothes and things I have just plain bought him when needed. My brother has testified that as of 9/2/04, he will never contribute charity to myself or my wifeand have k his word since then. I am negative in my checking account and have been for months. I have to wait at least 5 moths to get disability. I am unemployable for a fact and the judge accepts that truth. I have no way, no means to pay Temporary Relief to my wife or child support to my son. Whatever I buy him is taken from my parents who can't afford anything. Here is the final question. Understanding that you can't draw blood from a stone or ME, please kindly tell me ( I was in contempt for not paying on another occasion around 9/2 and paid $2k not realizing that I had said at the time I had $7K in the bank), If a judge will sentence me to jail , which my attorney, one of the finest divorce attorneys in the US ( my bother paid his fees too) said would never happen and if he thought so he would surely have changed his position. I am not well enough needing insulin, other injectble forms of medicines etc. If I truly can't pay and I can prove that will I be OK as far as Jail goes. This whole thing after 6 days when tyrial takes place, then 01/11/05,I get to see the Magistrate to determine actually the temp. re. and child support issue and if I should be held in contempt or not. This is a southeast florida situation. Thanks for all your help and I hope you have some advice and the answer about jail. Please look at case law, which I guess i where you will go. One case ordini VS. ordini, partially is helpful. Thanks, Mike make any money and disabled

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">