• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MS and MI - which age of emancipation applies?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rennocb

What is the name of your state? MS

My ex and I were divorced in the state of MS 8 years ago. At that time I was designated as the CP of our two daughters. Last year, our oldest daughter decided that she wanted to live with her father in MI so the court order was ammended making my ex the CP of this daughter. This neccesitated a change in child support. I pay a designated amount to him for her, and he pay a designated amount to me for the daughter that remains with me. My question is... since my daughter is now a resident of MI, does that states emancipation law apply to her? Or, since the divorce and recent court order regarding custody were issued in MS, will MS emancipation law apply? Thanks.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">