• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my dads takin my mom to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpy565117

my state is massachusetts

well 1 day i didnt feel liek goin to my dads so he got all pissed an is bringin my mom to court on contempt of court sayin that she was forcing me not to go. when i chose not to. i am 16. the court isnt lettin me go in to tell them that i chose to an my moms not forcing me. well i dont no wat to do. does any1 hav any ideas

Silverplum

well 1 day i didnt feel liek goin to my dads so he got all pissed an is bringin my mom to court on contempt of court sayin that she was forcing me not to go. when i chose not to. i am 16. the court isnt lettin me go in to tell them that i chose to an my moms not forcing me. well i dont no wat to do. does any1 hav any ideas
You can't choose. You can't spell, either.
Your father is well within his legal rights -- and your mother is defying a court order.
Quit being an idiot, and learn to spell, also.

BelizeBreeze

Yes, your father is right, your mother is in contempt and you don't get to choose.

ceara19

Not only was your mom wrong for not sending you to your dad's, she was even more wrong for telling you that dad will be taking her to court.

nextwife

You're 16? My language-delayed fourth grader spells better than you do.

Seems you'd better buckle down and start doing what you are SUPPOSED to do (including studying) instead of just what you want to do. Mom doesn't have the right to DECIDE whether dad is entitled to the time the COURT ordered that he gets. Nor do you have the right to ignore a COURT ORDER.

ceara19

You're 16? My language-delayed fourth grader spells better than you do.

Seems you'd better buckle down and start doing what you are SUPPOSED to do (including studying) instead of just what you want to do. Mom doesn't have the right to DECIDE whether dad is entitled to the time the COURT ordered that he gets. Nor do you have the right to ignore a COURT ORDER.
Which leads to the question of why isn't he in school in the middle of a Thursday morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">