• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex wants to modify Child support but wont disclose his other jobs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistoffolees

His attorney gave me two paycheck stubs for his job at the Penitentiary and his other side job as a home care provider (personal business with his new wife), but the attorney only calculated his income from the job at the Penitentiary but not the other job, clamming that his client does NOT work as a home care provider any longer.

Out of a hunch , i called his home care job where he is hired as a contractor and i asked to speak to him by name and last-name and they told me that he works out of his house as a contractor and that he STILL is currently working for them.

So now that i know he has a second job, how do I get the proof to take to court next week.

His attorney lied to me and he lied too. Should i gather more info and let this go to court so that he has the opportunity to go lie under oath then i bring out the proof after he told a lie under oath.
You don't know that. The way contractors like home care agencies generally work is that they have a list of approved providers. That doesn't mean that any of those providers are assigned work. The agency said that he is still listed as a contractor. That doesn't mean that he's actually done any jobs.

I really like this forum ! God bless you all

I also am filing for the courts to make him pay me for the nonsensical motions he has filled against me that left me owing $5000 to my attorney and now the ammount has been sent to a collection agency.
I think it's probably too late. That normally needs to be done at the time of the hearing.

mommy crying

Ok , i will get all my paperwork together to support my claim for compensation of court costs which i will take to court next week.
I have just faxed off the request for FOIA.

mommy crying

I do regret letting time go by but im drained by all this court stuff and an ex husband who just wont leave me alone 6 years after our divorce. He has taken me to court over everything, he has complained that i have remarried and am living with my new husband , he has tried to accuse my husband of threatening my kids and he has complained that my husband if from Zimbabwe, he has even file to modify time sharing and when we got to court he accepted the stipulated order that was given 6 months ago, so i wasted $5000 responding to the time sharing change he wanted , but on the court date he just agreed to the stipulated order.
He has beaten up ,broke my nose, cheated on me, stole from me.

mommy crying

OK, i wrote my ex's other home care job a FOIA request and faxed it off yesterday, today i got a long , long copy of his income statement, he makes an extra $45k on top of the $30k he makes at the Penitentiary. I have this paper in hand.

I just want to thank , everyone on this website for all the advice you have shared with me in the past few days.I am sure this forum has helped many others like me, but i wana say my own personal thank you from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of my children.
Merry merry XMAS AND IF THERE IS ANYWAY I CAN DONATE SOMETHING TOWARDS YOUR FORUM,TO IMPROVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING,
GOD BLESS YOU ALL. AND THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistoffolees

OK, i wrote my ex's other home care job a FOIA request and faxed it off yesterday, today i got a long , long copy of his income statement, he makes an extra $45k on top of the $30k he makes at the Penitentiary. I have this paper in hand.

I just want to thank , everyone on this website for all the advice you have shared with me in the past few days.I am sure this forum has helped many others like me, but i wana say my own personal thank you from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of my children.
Merry merry XMAS AND IF THERE IS ANYWAY I CAN DONATE SOMETHING TOWARDS YOUR FORUM,TO IMPROVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING,

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. AND THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Please remove the cell phone number from your post. You don't want to post that in a public forum.

While your offer is much appreciated, we're all volunteers and actually have nothing to do with the forum management. For most of us, knowing that we were able to help is sufficient.

BTW, when you present the information to the judge, ask for your ex to be held in contempt. Maybe he'll think hard next time about lying to a judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isis1

sorry. i reported it. i didn't want it to be up there too long. you know some of the nutcases we get here.

no offense. i'm sure admin will put it back up.

my suggestion, donate to a local children's charity :D

mommy crying

thanks for the heads up, i am just so excited that i have gotten this far. We do donate to the Dream Tree project in Taos where my husband volunteers with trouble teens through the drug courts and we will put money into toys for tots and coats for kids tomorrow.

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

work backwards from his expenses. If his expenses exceed his income, then he will need a good explanation as to how he keeps paying more than his income.

mommy crying

@ Tinker... i don't understand how that works. what would i have to do to get to figuring out his expenses and working back from that. This guy's wife is a RN and he is an LPN and together they make enough money to feed Africa every month

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
@ Tinker... i don't understand how that works. what would i have to do to get to figuring out his expenses and working back from that. This guy's wife is a RN and he is an LPN and together they make enough money to feed Africa every month
RNs don't make that much, and LPNs certainly do not. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">