• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex's income is mostly commission will my child support be based on ALL income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbjtj

What is the name of your state? ohio

My ex just got a job selling cars again. He makes 1000 salary a month plus commission which is 200-250 per car he sells. Somebody told me that they cannot take child support from commission or overtime. Will my child support only be based on his 1000 salary or all income which will normally be about 4000 a month?

Last edited:

mrsbrown

I don't know for certain, but in my husbands paperwork for computing child support there are requests for pay amounts, commission and overtime. They will most likely look at something like the last 3 paystubs as well to figure out the proper amount. If the total income is 4000.00 then why wouldn't it be based on that amount?

LdiJ

dbjtj said:
What is the name of your state? ohio

My ex just got a job selling cars again. He makes 1000 salary a month plus commission which is 200-250 per car he sells. Somebody told me that they cannot take child support from commission or overtime. Will my child support only be based on his 1000 salary or all income which will normally be about 4000 a month?
All income will be used for calculating child support. Including commissions.

nextwife

Also, be sure whetherr his commission is ON TOP of all salaries, or if it is "salary AGAINST commission". In many auto dealerships, the salary is only intended to "get them started". After the first 90 days, or whatever, the first X dollars of commission is intended to "cover salary", and the commissions don't kick in until the monthly sales total; exceeds whatever quota covers salary. Also. he is entitled to write off and deduct from salary any legitamate business networking/business development expenses that help him network business leads. Many of the SUCCESSFUL auto salespeople I know belong to all sorts of organizations and attend all sorts of events to develop their network. Sales don't just happen in a vacuum.

Last edited:

rzack

May be different state has different law. But my husband pay based on his basic pay. The court looked on his latest Income Tax Return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">