+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    santan is offline Junior Member

My neighbor threatened my son, can I sue her?

when my 3-year-old son played with another kid this afternoon, they almost fight with each other because of a toy. At that time, I and my wife, and the kid's parents were not there. But another neighbor A saw them and yelled at my son not beat another kid, and kept yelling after stop my son. She said she wouldn't let my son go home and other threatening words. My son was scared and kept crying after going home.
    I think the right thing was she stopped boys fighting, but, she couldn't yell and threaten my son. She should let us know, and I will teach my son.Her attitude was very very bad, I don't want my son leaving psychologic shadow because he is too young to know this.
    I don't know if I can sue her. Any advice? thanks a lot.
    ecmst12 is offline Senior Member
    No, you have nothing to sue over.
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University
    Quote Originally Posted by santan View Post
    when my 3-year-old son played with another kid this afternoon, they almost fight with each other because of a toy. At that time, I and my wife, and the kid's parents were not there. But another neighbor A saw them and yelled at my son not beat another kid, and kept yelling after stop my son. She said she wouldn't let my son go home and other threatening words. My son was scared and kept crying after going home.
    I think the right thing was she stopped boys fighting, but, she couldn't yell and threaten my son. She should let us know, and I will teach my son.Her attitude was very very bad, I don't want my son leaving psychologic shadow because he is too young to know this.
    Who was supervising your child if you or your wife or the other child's parents were not there?

Maybe you should worry about supervising your little one and teaching him how to get along with others instead of worrying about taking someone to court.

What the heck is a psychologic shadow Is that your version of his imaginary friend???
    santan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmst12 View Post
    Thanks for you reply.
    But I don't quite understand why I have nothing to sue over. Are these "threaten words and behavior " normal and right? I have nothing to do but just endure it?
    I am not a law expert, forgive me if these questions are too naive.
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for you reply.
    But I don't quite understand why I have nothing to sue over. Are these "threaten words and behavior " normal and right? I have nothing to do but just endure it?

Did you call the police?

CPS?

Any other authority?

Seriously - you have absolutely no cause of action here. Teach your son not to beat on other kids.
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University
    Thanks for you reply.
    You don't need to be a law expert, you just need to have common sense.

If you dont' like how this neighbor is behaving around your child, don't have your child around the neighbor. In fact, if you or your wife had been supervising your young child, none of this would have happened because you would have disciplined your child as you saw fit.

Look satan, this is the land of milk and honey, it is not the land of law suit money
    nextwife is offline Senior Member

Exclamation

Good grief.

YOUR kid was yelled at for beating on another kid, and you're worried about YOUR kid being upset? You are so worried about the wrong thing. Your kid will do fine, IF you are parent enough to make it clear to your child that the child's behavior was wrong and grown ups do not find fighting acceptable.
    mistoffolees is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmst12 View Post
    Except perhaps OP's English teachers for malpractice.
    TheGeekess is offline Senior Member
    Most of us here when growing up probably got admonished a time or two by the other neighborhood parents when they saw us get out of line. And I can just about bet that upon arriving home, the parents would give it again.

Part of what's wrong with our society is the litigious attitude that so many people have. The other is that their children are 'speshul' snowflakes and should never be corrected or have to suffer consequences.
    stealth2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistoffolees View Post
    Except perhaps OP's English teachers for malpractice.
    I suspect English is OP's second language.

OP - seriously... WHO was watching the children while all four parents were elsewhere?
    mistoffolees is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth2 View Post
    I suspect English is OP's second language.
    Could be - in which case I apologize. It didn't read like a English as a second language paragraph, though.
    ecmst12 is offline Senior Member
    You have nothing to sue over because neither you nor your child have suffered any financial damages. Perhaps your child will think twice before picking on another kid. For that, you should THANK your neighbor for her service.
    AHA
    AHA is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for you reply.
    Sue for what? Did you lose money? Did you or your kid sustain injuries that created medical bills?
    Perhaps supervising your kid in the future is what you should be planning instead. Just sayin'. Pick your battles.
    xylene is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb I'm a native speaker. I can help.

Perpaps, best indeed let go of resettlements harbored against this neighbor and make progressive enlightenment of son's inner mental place.

Son's infolded fist hand become unclenched.

Neighbors promise (threat(s)) of attempts to stop beatings of others and own children take on new non-azure coloration like in the way of a permanent marker.
    birdbrain53 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xylene View Post
    Perpaps, best indeed let go of resettlements harbored against this neighbor and make progressive enlightenment of son's inner mental place.

Son's infolded fist hand become unclenched.

Neighbors promise (threat(s)) of attempts to stop beatings of others and own children take on new non-azure coloration like in the way of a permanent marker.
    ROFLMAO. I bow down before your exteriorization of the English language. LOL