• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my second wife's income included in child support calculation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shawna

NO it's not her responsibility to pay for your child. I do suggest she keep her money separate from yours.

Silverplum

Shawna said:
NO it's not her responsibility to pay for your child. I do suggest she keep her money separate from yours.
It's a pity you do no research before answering questions, Shawna. Because you just might be wrong, especially when you make blanket statements. :rolleyes:

Q: In setting support under your State's guidelines, whose income is considered in addition to the NCP (e.g., new spouse's or child's)

A: New spouse's or child's income may only be considered by the court in a request for a deviation. The guidelines worksheets do not include any incomes other than the obligees and obligors.

http://ocse.acf.hhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/report.cfm?State=OH#9

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">