• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my sister need help on child support and custody issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

myluv4todd

I live in the state of kentucky. My nephew went to live with my other sister in April of this year. His mother agreed to pay child support on her child which she recieves from the childs father. I feel that is not right for her to keep the money that is entitled to the child. My sister has a total now of five kids and can't really afford to have papers drawed up for her to be primary guardian. And then there is court costs. The child support office says that they can't do anything until she gets papers from a lawyer. What should we do? The childs mother is pocketing the money that should be going to the child. It is not right for the father to pay it to her when he doesnt even live there.

HELP

Last edited:

myluv4todd said:
I live in the state of kentucky. My nephew went to live with my other sister in April of this year. His mother agreed to pay child support on her child which she recieves from the childs father. I feel that is not right for her to keep the money that is entitled to the child. My sister has a total now of five kids and can't really afford to have papers drawed up for her to be primary guardian. And then there is court costs. The child support office says that they can't do anything until she gets papers from a lawyer. What should we do? The childs mother is pocketing the money that should be going to the child. It is not right for the father to pay it to her when he doesnt even live there.
HELP
Why doesn't the father file for a modification, that would be easier, as for being the legal guardian you will need a joint statement from the father and mother on this one, unless removed by the state, and if that was done those papers can be admitted to the court for modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">