• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son's dad lied about his age

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lacducour

What is the name of your state? MN

I have a 10 year old son from a short relationship I had with an older guy whose wife had died. We were broke up already when I knew I was pregnat. When my son was born, and I raised my son for seven years, and met Joey when he was three. Joey was never on the birth certificate. Joey and I broke up and he moved out of state.

I filed CS on my son's father because I felt it was time for him to be responsible for him.

I just found out that dad is more than ten years older than he told me, and is retired on social security! He remarried and lives in his wifes house and had gave his son his house in florida. He gets medicare.

So, will they make him get a job? If they don't, how will I get my CS to go up as my son gets older? I want him to get my son health insurance too.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect the CS is going to be based on his current income. Too bad, so sad. Shoulda thought of looking him up and making him responsible - as well as providing him the opportunity to know his son - earlier.

ceara19

What is the name of your state? MN

I have a 10 year old son from a short relationship I had with an older guy whose wife had died. We were broke up already when I knew I was pregnat. When my son was born, and I raised my son for seven years, and met Joey when he was three. Joey was never on the birth certificate. Joey and I broke up and he moved out of state.

I filed CS on my son's father because I felt it was time for him to be responsible for him.

I just found out that dad is more than ten years older than he told me, and is retired on social security! He remarried and lives in his wifes house and had gave his son his house in florida. He gets medicare.

So, will they make him get a job? If they don't, how will I get my CS to go up as my son gets older? I want him to get my son health insurance too.
You're SOL. As stealth said, shoulda thought about that 10 years ago. Hopefully, dad will file for visitation and try to make up for some of the time you stole from him. FYI, courts generally take a harsh view of mothers that hide children from their fathers.

GrowUp!

Oh for chrissakes, woman. "Parents" like you need to be taken out back and...

Another "parent" who files for CS "when THEY feel it's time." Children aren't g-damn pawns you can "cash in" when you feel it's time. You should be ashamed of yourself. Oh, and by the way, it doesn't matter "what you want." BOTH of you will be required to financially support the children. Meaning if you will have to provide the health insurance, you WILL. :rolleyes:

Spare us your BS excuses. And if you don't like my response, ask me if I give an ish.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">