• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NCP does not have to pay CS because of Doctors note?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RichardGozenya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My Ex (the NCP) was put at $0 per month because she got a Doctor to write her a note saying that she is under his care and cannot work. She is not on any type of disability of SSI. She has been under his care for depresion for 3 years. What can I do or say to get her put at guideline again. She is not working. Since being under her Doc's care. she has had 2 other children and has gotten on with her life. I filed for a modification and have a hearing in 3 weeks. Is there any Family code I need to referance?

cyjeff

It doesn't matter what the doctor says.

It matters what the court says.

has the court reduced her payment? If not, then there is no payment reduction and you should go back to court for the past due amount.

RichardGozenya

Thank you for your reply.

She was at 103 per month. She owes over 5K in arrears. The court dropped her to $0 per month when she produced a Dr note. That was 3 years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">