• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ncp,new baby nonworking wife in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Nj
Ncp wants support lowered because has new baby now claims 18,000 is his income that is supporting wife new baby and another child from her previous encounter. Wife doesn't work been toghter for 2 1/2 years (never worked since they got toghter ). Will wife be imputed an income for new baby, interoggitorries are being done now because NCP is self employed (cash business). Trial to be scheduled soon for many other reasons.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
His new wife's income or lack of it is totally moot to the support calculation. NCP's income and CP's income will be used.

nextwife

Only a child's legal PARENTS have an obligation to support them. She has no legal standing, nor financial obligation to your child. Only you and your ex have the duty to be financially responsible for your child.

Iam not sure if I made my thought clear. I relize that wife is not responsible for my child financially only father is. But if father is stating that support needs to be lowered because of new child and wife can afford to stay at home shouldn't the wife be finacially responsible for her own child from other relationship as well as new child,rather her portion that is for new child. Since my child was here before any other people came along. How is that right NCP can deduct money from first born and make more kids and have a non working spouse.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Just because that's what he's asking for doesn't mean the judge will go along with it (and probably will not). Bluntly - how they support their joint kid isn't your business, and how she supports her kid from befere is even less so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">