• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony1968

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

My kids mom lost her parental rights and ordered to pay me child support quite awhile ago like 8 years ago I never asked for a dime.. My daughter has since decided to move back to her moms quite school had a baby ect. now her mom is seeking child support from me even though i do give them money for her needs. Just wondering if i should just get a copy of the custody papers from the courts and provide them to child support? lost here

Proserpina

My kids mom lost her parental rights and ordered to pay me child support quite awhile ago like 8 years ago I never asked for a dime.. My daughter has since decided to move back to her moms quite school had a baby ect. now her mom is seeking child support from me even though i do give them money for her needs. Just wondering if i should just get a copy of the custody papers from the courts and provide them to child support? lost here

Assuming the child is still a minor, Mom has the right to file for child support.

BL

Yes as part of your answer at a hearing, but don't be surprised if the court said you never filed for contempt .

If the court gives you a chance to ask the other party questions, if the court doesn't ask if she paid CS payments to you as per court order ,and can she provide proof that she did ?

Hopefully the court will be fair .

Make sure your court order copy is certified , meaning the clerk stamps or marks it as genuine.

tony1968

17 she will be 18 in march i just got the papers in the mail. kinda funny they want me to do paternity testing in which i did years ago.....i was given full custody

BL

stranger???????????????
What would you call a mother who lost parental rights over 8 yrs. ago?

Answer the question ?

Why did you allow your minor child to live elsewhere?

I would suggest going and picking up you minor child and bring her home.

tony1968

I dont let her move with a stranger she moved back to her moms instead of dealing with her keep running away but i did provide them with money for her needs she is also seeking back support and i do have the proof that i did provide $$$$

BL

I dont let her move with a stranger she moved back to her moms instead of dealing with her keep running away but i did provide them with money for her needs she is also seeking back support and i do have the proof that i did provide $$$$
The mother has no parental rights ,go pick up your daughter. If she runs away report it.

The mother lost her parental rights .

Do you know you could possibly get in trouble for allowing this ?

Proserpina

If Mom lost her PARENTAL rights, she is a legal stranger and letting your daughter move back in may well come back to bite you.

If Mom only lost CUSTODIAL rights (and there is a difference)...well, the same will apply except she's not a legal stranger.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If mom was ordered to pay child support she did NOT lose her parental rights. You are wrong about that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If Mom lost her PARENTAL rights, she is a legal stranger and letting your daughter move back in may well come back to bite you.

If Mom only lost CUSTODIAL rights (and there is a difference)...well, the same will apply except she's not a legal stranger.
If she was ordered to pay child support SHE did NOT lose her parental rights. Apparently mom losing her custodial rights is NOT a big deal because OP was fine with letting the child move in with her.

Proserpina

If she was ordered to pay child support SHE did NOT lose her parental rights. Apparently mom losing her custodial rights is NOT a big deal because OP was fine with letting the child move in with her.

Call me cynical, but I'm sure everyone was just fine with the arrangement until Mom brought up the issue of child support. She's obviously fit enough to parent the teen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">