• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevin965

im from missouri ive been paying child support on two kids for 7 years i dont have a problem paying it by i found out the youngest im paying on isnt mine i talked my lawyer who handled divorice an says i should just keep paying an not stir up trouble she doesnt know an i dont what too do.i probably wouldnt give a **** but wen i found who dad was i learned he sees her more than i do an isnt paying a penny can i take him to court an get all my child support back thanks kevin

I'mTheFather

Oh, so you're willing to give up your child?

Actually, I'm sorry for being a little misleading. After 7 years, it is extreeeeeeemely doubtful that you can do anything about the child support.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
im from missouri ive been paying child support on two kids for 7 years i dont have a problem paying it by i found out the youngest im paying on isnt mine i talked my lawyer who handled divorice an says i should just keep paying an not stir up trouble she doesnt know an i dont what too do.i probably wouldnt give a **** but wen i found who dad was i learned he sees her more than i do an isnt paying a penny can i take him to court an get all my child support back thanks kevin
Short answer: No.

kevin965

ok so what are my options can i report to child support enforcement an get payments stopped the oldest is 18 an drops in oct kevin

I'mTheFather

Nope.

Here's what you do. First, get your ex to marry this other guy. Then convince him to do a stepparent adoption. You will relinquish your parental rights and your child support obligations.

Proserpina

Oh, so you're willing to give up your child?

Actually, I'm sorry for being a little misleading. After 7 years, it is extreeeeeeemely doubtful that you can do anything about the child support.

It's even worse than extreeeeeemely doubtful. Paternity was irrevocably finalized in the divorce.

No going back now - period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">