• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

navyvet64

PA
I am a disabled veteran who is rated at 100% and receive SSD and also get a disability pension from the VA. However my bills leave me with little money left over. I cannot afford to pay the 1700.00 a month that the state (PA Luzerne county) expects me to pay I am over 5000.000 behind and am fearful I will be put in jail. The county case worker handling our case is extremely rude and of course only wants to hear when I will be paying the 1700.00 plus arrears. I have no problem paying but 1700.00 I cannot handle. I have 500 being garnished (order just put in sept, from SSD). We have one adopted son and no other children. She receives a 750.00 a month subsidy check from the county we adopted him from plus 600.00 a month from SSD based on me being unable to work. The Veterans Admin has spent over 25000.00 for her to attend school so she can work since I cant but she does not work at all. Our home is in the final steps of foreclosure and our van has been repossessed which I still owe over 11,000 on. I live in a mobile home and she currently resides in our marital home with our son. I have no idea what to do. I do not drive and all my family lives in Philadelphia which is over 2 hours from where I live. I would appreciated any advise given

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
PA
I am a disabled veteran who is rated at 100% and receive SSD and also get a disability pension from the VA. However my bills leave me with little money left over. I cannot afford to pay the 1700.00 a month that the state (PA Luzerne county) expects me to pay I am over 5000.000 behind and am fearful I will be put in jail. The county case worker handling our case is extremely rude and of course only wants to hear when I will be paying the 1700.00 plus arrears. I have no problem paying but 1700.00 I cannot handle. I have 500 being garnished (order just put in sept, from SSD). We have one adopted son and no other children. She receives a 750.00 a month subsidy check from the county we adopted him from plus 600.00 a month from SSD based on me being unable to work. The Veterans Admin has spent over 25000.00 for her to attend school so she can work since I cant but she does not work at all. Our home is in the final steps of foreclosure and our van has been repossessed which I still owe over 11,000 on. I live in a mobile home and she currently resides in our marital home with our son. I have no idea what to do. I do not drive and all my family lives in Philadelphia which is over 2 hours from where I live. I would appreciated any advise given
How did you get $5000 behind? Did you file for a modification? You can ask that the dependent benefits be utilized as your child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">