• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advise!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laybac

hello all. try and follow me on this one. a few months ago i was laid off from work. about a week later i got a new job that pays much much less than i was making. i filed a support mod that failed to go through. heres my problem. upon any job changes i make sure to let the proper child support ppl know what has changed. my employer has submitted all the correct forms to the state in order for them to garnish my checks. well its been 3 months and the state still has not taken any money out of my checks. i have called the state and have talked to my boss about this. my boss has also talked to the state to figure out why they havent taken anything out yet. well come to find out they messed up my paper work and it got lost in the system. to date, i have over 1800 in back pay that im responsible for that i thought was being taken care of due to all the mix ups. well two weeks ago my boss finaly talked to my case worker and figured eveything out and the both of them said everything would be fine. well yesterday i got a notice that my drivers licenses is going to be suspended due to all this ****. whats going on? i thought everything was ok? any advise? im in colorado.

Just Blue

laybac said:
hello all. try and follow me on this one. a few months ago i was laid off from work. about a week later i got a new job that pays much much less than i was making. i filed a support mod that failed to go through. heres my problem. upon any job changes i make sure to let the proper child support ppl know what has changed. my employer has submitted all the correct forms to the state in order for them to garnish my checks. well its been 3 months and the state still has not taken any money out of my checks. i have called the state and have talked to my boss about this. my boss has also talked to the state to figure out why they havent taken anything out yet. well come to find out they messed up my paper work and it got lost in the system. to date, i have over 1800 in back pay that im responsible for that i thought was being taken care of due to all the mix ups. well two weeks ago my boss finaly talked to my case worker and figured eveything out and the both of them said everything would be fine. well yesterday i got a notice that my drivers licenses is going to be suspended due to all this ****. whats going on? i thought everything was ok? any advise? im in colorado.
When you received your check and saw that they didn't take out the support, did you put the money aside in a account? If so than when you go to court you can give them that money and everything should be okay!;)

laybac

baystategirl said:
When you received your check and saw that they didn't take out the support, did you put the money aside in a account? If so than when you go to court you can give them that money and everything should be okay!;)
hey thanks for the reply. i forgot to mention that there is deductions from my checks. apparently they are going to the wrong place. so im really confused on whats going on??? ive always kept up on my child support payments till this ordeal. i dont wanna loose my licenses.... im kinda stressin out here.

Last edited:

Just Blue

laybac said:
hey thanks for the reply. i forgot to mention that there is deductions from my checks. apparently they are going to the wrong place. so im really confused on whats going on??? ive always kept up on my child support payments till this ordeal. i dont wanna loose my licenses.... im kinda stressin out here.
If they are taking the $$ from your pay check, bring in the stubs that show the deductions. Also bring in anythng from CSE that documents the problem.

laybac

baystategirl said:
If they are taking the $$ from your pay check, bring in the stubs that show the deductions. Also bring in anythng from CSE that documents the problem.
i have faxed the check stubs to my case worker...no reply on that one from her. as far as the problem goes, it "was" to be already settled. at least according to what my boss and case worker says. IF that was the case why am i gettin a notice in the mail about my licenses outta the blue? anyway, thanks for all da advise. im just venting out, sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">