• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need answers soon??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loriyaggie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? me and my children live in wisconsin my ex there father lives in Texas
ok my ex has not paid a penny for child support in 10 months he is now $$ 12,000 behind in four years my case worker here said that she is going to take him to court for contempt (not paying his support) and told me that 6 months ago they suspended his licesnse what is gonna happen at this hearing they know that he's not going to be able to come here for it are they gonna issue and arrest warrent will they take away his resident alien card?? Will he have to come up with money to stay out of jail??just curious about what happens at these hearings and if he's finally gonna be punished for failure to keep up wit support??

Mash123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? me and my children live in wisconsin my ex there father lives in Texas
ok my ex has not paid a penny for child support in 10 months he is now $$ 12,000 behind in four years my case worker here said that she is going to take him to court for contempt (not paying his support) and told me that 6 months ago they suspended his licesnse what is gonna happen at this hearing they know that he's not going to be able to come here for it are they gonna issue and arrest warrent will they take away his resident alien card?? Will he have to come up with money to stay out of jail??just curious about what happens at these hearings and if he's finally gonna be punished for failure to keep up wit support??
They can punish him, but as far as I know they can not take his green card. Also, he will have a lot of problems to get citizenship with all this mess.

Antigone*

Are you his immigration sponsor? Did you sign his affidavit of support as his sponsor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">