• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Child support modification. Just out of Prison. Palm Beach Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwise1127

Hello, I am in dire need of doing something about my child support. My monthly obligation is just under $1000.00 I think $985. I am somewhere in the neighborhood $75,000 in the rears. I just spent 13 months in Federal Prison. I do not have the means to pay the amount being asked or the fees to hire an attorney. My ex wife is not pushing the issue. I need help getting the payment to what I can afford. I start working this coming Monday for min wage in the state of WA which is where I am living now. I just was released 3 weeks ago. I am in a Federal Halfway house for the next 11 months. The halfway house will take 25% of my gross pay. My net at the end of the day will be maybe a 800-1000 per month. My child support is out of FL and I am living in WA just to be clear. Is there anything that can be done? Thank you,

Dan

Just Blue

Hello, I am in dire need of doing something about my child support. My monthly obligation is just under $1000.00 I think $985. I am somewhere in the neighborhood $75,000 in the rears. I just spent 13 months in Federal Prison. I do not have the means to pay the amount being asked or the fees to hire an attorney. My ex wife is not pushing the issue. I need help getting the payment to what I can afford. I start working this coming Monday for min wage in the state of WA which is where I am living now. I just was released 3 weeks ago. I am in a Federal Halfway house for the next 11 months. The halfway house will take 25% of my gross pay. My net at the end of the day will be maybe a 800-1000 per month. My child support is out of FL and I am living in WA just to be clear. Is there anything that can be done? Thank you,

Dan
No. Committing a crime was your choice.

BTW. When talking about prison you should not make in mistake of "in the rears". ;)

Regarding child support the term is in ARREARS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">