• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DOS2005

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
:confused:
I have been divorced now since 1999. I was separated nearly 2 years prior to my divorce. I have full shared parental responsibility but my Ex has always interfered with my visitations. I can count on one hand in all those years the number of times I have had the kids to myself. I took him back to court on 3 occasions already for Contempt of court. I won each time. Still he is playing games with me. All but one of my children I am still paying support on is still a minor living in his home and I never get to see him although I call and write and try to see him often. The Gardian ad Litem that was assigned to our case had told the judge that our case was definitely one of Parental Alienation Syndrome. The kids were brainwashed by my Ex to not want to see me or lectured for hours on ends why they shouldn't. This constant interference has caused both myself and my children much pain and the only one who has benefited both financially and from our settlement is my EX. I am paying the full support of all my kids still, even though all but one aren't even eligible any longer for it. I can't afford to get an attorney but I really feel I have to, not only to get my support suspended but bring my Ex to justice for the damage he has caused and is still causing me and the children. One of my oldest girls has gotten close to me again and shared with me some of the things her father spoke to them about and the consequences they would face if they were to see their mom. Mind you I have done nothing wrong. I am not a criminal or anything and this man is just a total control freak and now he's trying to control me through keeping my children from me. I need to reduce, suspend my child support and hold this man accountable. I am a SAHM at the moment as I have a child with my current husband. I have no money to take this creep back to court again and again when he gets a slap on the wrist then goes right back to screwing me over. I missed some major milestones in my kids lives and I have even missed hospital emergencies as he didn't notify me when things have happened. :eek: If anyone has any advice or knows of someone that can help with paperwork to get this ball rolling.. Please advise. Thank you.
God Bless

Gracie3787

DOS2005 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
I have been divorced now since 1999. I was separated nearly 2 years prior to my divorce. I have full shared parental responsibility but my Ex has always interfered with my visitations. I can count on one hand in all those years the number of times I have had the kids to myself. I took him back to court on 3 occasions already for Contempt of court. I won each time. Still he is playing games with me. All but one of my children I am still paying support on is still a minor living in his home and I never get to see him although I call and write and try to see him often. The Gardian ad Litem that was assigned to our case had told the judge that our case was definitely one of Parental Alienation Syndrome. The kids were brainwashed by my Ex to not want to see me or lectured for hours on ends why they shouldn't. This constant interference has caused both myself and my children much pain and the only one who has benefited both financially and from our settlement is my EX. I am paying the full support of all my kids still, even though all but one aren't even eligible any longer for it. I can't afford to get an attorney but I really feel I have to, not only to get my support suspended but bring my Ex to justice for the damage he has caused and is still causing me and the children. One of my oldest girls has gotten close to me again and shared with me some of the things her father spoke to them about and the consequences they would face if they were to see their mom. Mind you I have done nothing wrong. I am not a criminal or anything and this man is just a total control freak and now he's trying to control me through keeping my children from me. I need to reduce, suspend my child support and hold this man accountable. I am a SAHM at the moment as I have a child with my current husband. I have no money to take this creep back to court again and again when he gets a slap on the wrist then goes right back to screwing me over. I missed some major milestones in my kids lives and I have even missed hospital emergencies as he didn't notify me when things have happened. :eek: If anyone has any advice or knows of someone that can help with paperwork to get this ball rolling.. Please advise. Thank you.
God Bless

You need to file for a modification of CS ASAP. You can do this yourself. Go to http://www.flcourts.org to find the family law forms. You can go to http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes to find the laws for CS in chapter 61.

DOS2005

Gracie3787 said:
You need to file for a modification of CS ASAP. You can do this yourself. Go to http://www.flcourts.org to find the family law forms. You can go to http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes to find the laws for CS in chapter 61.
I know that I can try finding all the forms I need but I am afraid that I won't have everything I need and I really need help with the contempt part of it because this is the 4th one this time and I would actually be going for the maximum punishment for my Ex. What I don't understand is how it can be so unfair now a days for the parent who is actually paying support than to the parent receiving it. My children don't even know I send it. As I said my Ex does everything he can to discredit me in their eyes and he keeps doing this. Mind you I have missed two graduations, various ER visits because of this evil man. I need some help and dont' feel I can do it on my own and wouldn't want to be sitting here without some representation in court. Since we already have court orders for Visitation and other wise and he hasn't followed them ever but defied them totally, why can't he just be held accountable for that without having to file an entire new contempt suit?[/B]

Gracie3787

DOS2005 said:
I know that I can try finding all the forms I need but I am afraid that I won't have everything I need and I really need help with the contempt part of it because this is the 4th one this time and I would actually be going for the maximum punishment for my Ex. What I don't understand is how it can be so unfair now a days for the parent who is actually paying support than to the parent receiving it. My children don't even know I send it. As I said my Ex does everything he can to discredit me in their eyes and he keeps doing this. Mind you I have missed two graduations, various ER visits because of this evil man. I need some help and dont' feel I can do it on my own and wouldn't want to be sitting here without some representation in court. Since we already have court orders for Visitation and other wise and he hasn't followed them ever but defied them totally, why can't he just be held accountable for that without having to file an entire new contempt suit?[/B]

If you have read the forms and all the laws, and still feel that you cannot do this yourself, the only option is to hire an attorney. You can check to see if there is Legal Aid in your county, you can call the Fl. Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011, or IF your situation has been adversly affected by the recent hurricanes, you MAY qualify for some free legal help. You'll need to ask around your county starting with DCF, they may be able to give you info. Good luck.
Gracie :)

DOS2005

reply to gracie

Thanks for your reply Gracie. I guess I am just very sick of the victim having to foot the bills to take the SOB back to court over and over again when nothing actually changes. The way I see it if someone is defying a court order over and over why can't he just be picked up and charged for doing so instead of me needed to go back through the courts for once again... Him to give the system the bird and do what he wants to anyway. Not fair at all and I am sure I am not the only one that is having this kind of problem only usually I believe it is the women in the relationship trying to interfere with the visitations of the children's father. Sad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">