• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help with Case From X-files Twilight Zone Gestapo Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bob Kinford

Nevada
If this isn't from the X-file Twighlight Zone of the Gestapo Court I don'tknow what is.
Short version (which is still long):
Fiance (now wife) had been divorced for 5 year, receives phone call from ex demanding child support with threats of not being able to visit kids (Violation of NRS 33.018 domestic violence)
Intimidated and scared she begins paying. Two weeks later receives court summons to appear on arrearages (NOTE: DIVORCE DECREE STIPULATED NEITHER PARTY PAY SUPPORT AND NO MOTION TO MODIFY SUPPORT HAD BEEN FILED...)
In court the Hearing Master ignores the fact that the case was filed fraudulently, or that he had committed domestic violence under NRS33.018 OR that he was in not allowing her visitation (a felony under NRS 200.359 and punishable for up to 6 years in prison).
Before the court date of her first appeal, I took a letter to her ex (at work) requesting permission for her to take the kids to Sacramento California (about 2 hours away) to get school clothes. He was so ballistic that another employee asked me if I wanted him to call security. The last thing he told me was to tell her that she "can't see the kids until she starts paying" (at that point she actually had a credit)
The judge let me speak at her second hearing. He verbally chasisted her Ex for not allowing her to see the kids and told him to sign a change of venue for the divorce decree (which he had asked me to draft) so that they could take care of all of the support/custody/vistation issues. Of course he doesn't do either. When we tried changing the venue without his signature, Clark county told us that Douglas County automatically had jurisdiction over the whole matter, but Douglas County would not take it.
I lost my job, and our son was born prematurely and we were forced into moving to Colorado, where she couldn't find work. Then they suspended her dirvers license and had another telophonic hearing where the Hearing Mons...er "Master' told her she should take our son on public transprotation (city bus) to job interviews (Doctors had told us to keep him inside as much as possible and OUT of public places because he was at a high risk for lung infections).
When doing research for yet another appeal, I discovered that the Nevada Supreme Court had just written 120 Nev., Advance Opinion 15 which states that "it is not in the best intrest of a child to be in the custody of the perpetrator of domestic viloence in any form."
The court jer...er, clerk signed for the appeal a week before it was due. However it was dismissed because it was filed late. That left us with no real recourse for justice.
When her son turned 18 he joined the Marines and contacted her (she had been sending letters etc to them at school so at least they knew how to contact her). Other than a couple of emails from her daughter wanting to know why she wasn't paying support (which the ex was warned against discussing with the kids) no contact from her.
We discovered last spring that her daughter was not graduating high school. Her father had un-enrolled her at the beginning of her Jr. year on the premise that he was going to home school her. He never did, and the state never followed through on making him comply, so now (thanks to the courts) there is another young kid out there running around with no education and a big chip on her shoulder.
Two years ago I switched jobs and we moved to Texas where they are taking her to court. Regardless of the fact the state of Nevada has not followed their own laws and court rules (Nor the fact he took over $12,000 in tax deductions the divorce decree stipulated were hers) they are are insisting she pay because they consider the order form Nevada to be proper even though Nevada cannot produce the original Motion to Modify Support.

Silverplum

And he made such an effort in his writing, too. :cool:

Dude...you've gotta ask a legal question. Not write a novella. If you come back, give it a (very condensed) try, ok?

fairisfair

And he made such an effort in his writing, too. :cool:

Dude...you've gotta ask a legal question. Not write a novella. If you come back, give it a (very condensed) try, ok?

I thought it was beautiful. Especially the part where the judge asks him to draft a change of venue. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">