• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help On How To Correct Mistakes By Attorney General's Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

INEEDJUSTICE

What is the name of your state?
TEXAS

I thought I posted this yesterday 12/20/04 but can't find it so I am asking for help again. This is a letter I sent the attorney general on my friends behalf explaining his situation. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

12/20/04
I have a life long friend who has wasted alot of money with attorneys to no avail trying to straighten out a problem that was created by YOU the State when you changed YOUR computer systems in 1997. Magically his records have dissapeared so you say & he was told that YOUR office had made a mistake eight years prior & had not charged him enough in child support ? Not only did you increase what you said he owed you put penalty & interest on it as well & his documentation shows an amount of $10,000.00 & you have turned this into $35,000.00 ?
How in the world can you put penalty & interest on your own mistake ? He was paying what you told him to pay.
You don't buy a car or a house & after making the agreed payments for years have them tell you HEY guess what we made a mistake WE did not charge you enough & by the way we are going to add penalty & interest on it TOO even though it WAS our mistake ?
How can you justify doing this if you can Not or Won't produce any records for him showing how & why this was done ? you say you have none his previous records just dissapeared from your computers ? ?
He Does have a paper trail of all he has spent & paid & copies showing the $10,000.00 that you Magically turned into $35,000.00 & you have NO documentation to offer him to show how you came to this decision ? I am trying to help him help himself resolve his child support issues.
Can you tell me the steps he can take to get to the right person that can actually make a decision & correct his problem not just the telephone anwering personel that only wastes a persons time ? I want to help him out & resolve this without him having to waste any more money. I am Recommending that he contact the local television stations consumer reporters since the problem lies within your office as far as Wrongful information & Wrongful amounts owed. The situation is this: His daughter is 26 & a mother of 3 & has not lived with the ex spouse that he pays child support to since the age of 15. From the age of 15 to 17 he had custody until she was considered an adult at 17. She his daughter is willing to testify she never has benefitted from the child support even when she lived with her mother. My friend has lost his job & is on unemployment & has lost both his parents in the last 14 months & his health & nerves are going downhill because of this. What little he had in his retirement which by the way was & Is for HIS retirement NOT an ex spouses child support & YOU have frozen that account ? He was depending on that money to live on until he finds a new job & you have garnished his unemployment check & evedently not considered that he is now making less money & the amount you take out should be based on what he is getting from un employment.
How is he suppose to live, find a job, buy gas, eat & pay his other bills on a meaasly $900.00 a month unemployment check after you take $200.00 of it ?
The bottom line is I doubt the State really wants all the bad publicity NEWS coverage that this is going to bring out & I know he does not want to have to go through it but I WILL do it for him if I need to HE is being wrongfully done & NO one in YOUR office is willing to HELP.
I await your reply & hope that someone in YOUR office will HEAR my plea & give this the time it deserves YOU are ruining a GOOD mans life. PLEASE make sure this gets into the right hands of someone that can actuall make a change come about.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why should the AG care about your opinion about your friend's situation? If you want to help him, tell him to get a lawyer.

INEEDJUSTICE

I thought this was a help site ?

I obviously misunderstood what this site was for.
I was under the impression it was to get some help.
Obviously I was wrong.
Merry Christmas SCROOGE !

What kind of help did you want? OK I'll try.

Your letter is long winded. You repeat yourself over and over. You made numerous grammar mistakes. You made numerous typo's. You rant like a psycho through most of the letter. Some parts make absolutely no sense. They probably won't read past the first few sentences. Now if you truly want to help your friend then hire the man a lawyer as the others have suggested.

sweetie84

I say a lawyer maybe be good but media.......

may be even better!! Ok I'm no lawyer but I'm sure not everyone on here is, considering how unprofessional some sound. I totally understood what you were saying and the points you were getting at, it doesn't take a genius to see the horrible situation this man is in. I myself am not so concerned with your typos or grammar errors, I'm more concerned with the whole point of all the details you gave. If I were you I would tell your friend to consider a lawyer but it doesn't sound to me like he can really afford that and the fact that they have sucked him dry without getting the job done. Maybe he/you need to consider bringing media into all this. Look into it a little more and see how the newspaper can help. Sorry I couldn't give you any professional advice but I hate to see someone get such unkind responses.

LdiJ

INEEDJUSTICE said:
What is the name of your state?
TEXAS

I thought I posted this yesterday 12/20/04 but can't find it so I am asking for help again. This is a letter I sent the attorney general on my friends behalf explaining his situation. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

12/20/04
I have a life long friend who has wasted alot of money with attorneys to no avail trying to straighten out a problem that was created by YOU the State when you changed YOUR computer systems in 1997. Magically his records have dissapeared so you say & he was told that YOUR office had made a mistake eight years prior & had not charged him enough in child support ? Not only did you increase what you said he owed you put penalty & interest on it as well & his documentation shows an amount of $10,000.00 & you have turned this into $35,000.00 ?
How in the world can you put penalty & interest on your own mistake ? He was paying what you told him to pay.
You don't buy a car or a house & after making the agreed payments for years have them tell you HEY guess what we made a mistake WE did not charge you enough & by the way we are going to add penalty & interest on it TOO even though it WAS our mistake ?
How can you justify doing this if you can Not or Won't produce any records for him showing how & why this was done ? you say you have none his previous records just dissapeared from your computers ? ?
He Does have a paper trail of all he has spent & paid & copies showing the $10,000.00 that you Magically turned into $35,000.00 & you have NO documentation to offer him to show how you came to this decision ? I am trying to help him help himself resolve his child support issues.
Can you tell me the steps he can take to get to the right person that can actually make a decision & correct his problem not just the telephone anwering personel that only wastes a persons time ? I want to help him out & resolve this without him having to waste any more money. I am Recommending that he contact the local television stations consumer reporters since the problem lies within your office as far as Wrongful information & Wrongful amounts owed. The situation is this: His daughter is 26 & a mother of 3 & has not lived with the ex spouse that he pays child support to since the age of 15. From the age of 15 to 17 he had custody until she was considered an adult at 17. She his daughter is willing to testify she never has benefitted from the child support even when she lived with her mother. My friend has lost his job & is on unemployment & has lost both his parents in the last 14 months & his health & nerves are going downhill because of this. What little he had in his retirement which by the way was & Is for HIS retirement NOT an ex spouses child support & YOU have frozen that account ? He was depending on that money to live on until he finds a new job & you have garnished his unemployment check & evedently not considered that he is now making less money & the amount you take out should be based on what he is getting from un employment.
How is he suppose to live, find a job, buy gas, eat & pay his other bills on a meaasly $900.00 a month unemployment check after you take $200.00 of it ?
The bottom line is I doubt the State really wants all the bad publicity NEWS coverage that this is going to bring out & I know he does not want to have to go through it but I WILL do it for him if I need to HE is being wrongfully done & NO one in YOUR office is willing to HELP.
I await your reply & hope that someone in YOUR office will HEAR my plea & give this the time it deserves YOU are ruining a GOOD mans life. PLEASE make sure this gets into the right hands of someone that can actuall make a change come about.
One thing that your friend might try is writing a letter (him, not you) to the governor's office. Sometimes that really does get you help. However if he does that he needs to stick strictly to the facts, without any emotion or sarcasm, and he needs to provide the documentation to go with the letter.
An affidavit from his daughter regarding the fact that she lived with him from age 15 - 17 as well as documenting her age and marital status would be helpful too.

Tinaa

He should try writing his Congresspersons too, both Texas and US, Representatives and Senators. They may may be able to help.

INEEDJUSTICE

Maybe Your Panties Are Over Your Head Smarty

Smarty Panties said:
What kind of help did you want? OK I'll try.
Your letter is long winded. You repeat yourself over and over. You made numerous grammar mistakes. You made numerous typo's. You rant like a psycho through most of the letter. Some parts make absolutely no sense. They probably won't read past the first few sentences. Now if you truly want to help your friend then hire the man a lawyer as the others have suggested.
With a reply like this I would suspect your panties were over your head & too tight while you read my post smartie. You are likely in the same league as his ex wife. Are you mooching off an ex husband as well ? Get a life.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The long and the short of it is that you are not a party to this action. In addition, it's written poorly and is difficult to follow. If you want to help him, help HIM find ways to sort this out - either by helping him find a competent attorney or by helping HIM write a coherent letter. But sending off this semi-hysterical diatribe isn't going to get HIM anywhere.

INEEDJUSTICE

This Site Is A Waste Of Time Full Of People Full Of Themselves

stealth2 said:
The long and the short of it is that you are not a party to this action. In addition, it's written poorly and is difficult to follow. If you want to help him, help HIM find ways to sort this out - either by helping him find a competent attorney or by helping HIM write a coherent letter. But sending off this semi-hysterical diatribe isn't going to get HIM anywhere.

I did get a reply from the attorney generals office with a name of a person for him to contact & a ph. # to call in responce to the same letter you referenced so I guess unlike you they were able to read & understand this so called semi-hysterical diatribe so obviously it is going to get him somewhere.
Other than a couple of people who responded this site is a bad joke with a bunch of critical, mouthy full of themselves know it alls that could not find their way home in the dark if they were already at home.
WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. People don't even bother asking questions here there is nothing helpful about this site.

moilamonkey

Couldn't agree more

I emphatically have to agree with INEEDJUSTICE concerning the "help" on this forum. Yes, his letter is a quite fragmented and easily dismissed as the ramblings of an idiot, but it's no worse than some of the judgemental *******s on this site potraying themselves as "help" experts. Why don't you just call this site "free opinion forum" because in most cases the advice part is sorely lacking. As evidenced by the amount of posts on this forum, people really do need help and advice at times, and what a wonderful tool the internet has become for providing such a venue.

Some "advice" from me; please try to limit replies to anywhere from an actual solution to constructive criticism, and leave the judgemental heartlessness to the government child support services where it currently resides. This post is certainly not directed to all on this forum, but stictly to those of you who apparently cannot get a clear view of the injustices faced by us common folk from way up there on your high horses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">