• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with not paying support due to a new disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

james treece

(West Virginia) Was paying support ,then I got hurt on the job!, and messed up my left knee! Now I'm unable to work or do anything I used to be able to do! Filed for a modification of order but they denied me!,and now they sent me an affidavit of Accrued Support/Abstract of order! NEED HELP! DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO????

Proserpina

(West Virginia) Was paying support ,then I got hurt on the job!, and messed up my left knee! Now I'm unable to work or do anything I used to be able to do! Filed for a modification of order but they denied me!,and now they sent me an affidavit of Accrued Support/Abstract of order! NEED HELP! DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO????
Are you talking about a permanent injury or something else?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Seems kind of obvious - pay what's ordered or accrue arrears plus interest. They apparently believe you are still able to work...

Just Blue

Hire an attorney to assisit...or try for a free consult with one.

As an aside: Please educate yourself in basic punctuation...Just makes it easier to read your postings. I don't say this to be mean, but to help you. If you were to need to go Pro Se and write your own filings...You would have to do so in a way the Judge would follow with ...respect.:)

Good luck
Blue

Last edited:

Ladyback1

Why wasn't the support coming out of your Work Comp TTD check?
How long have you been injured? Is this a permanent injury?

james treece

well i had surgery on my left knee had mcl replaced my acl repaired and there was another tendent repaired,im still under docters care,and i have a lawyer because they cut me off of my workers comp, so im disabled but not on disability lawyers taking care of it its confusing me so far its permanant having lots of pain and loss 60 percent of muscle,it was being took out of workers comp check but they cut me off cause docter said they couldnt replicate my work condition in physical therapy so he sent me back to work under limited work duties,well 4 days after i went back to work under limited duty my company finished there contract and they laid me off due to lack of work!cant work cause other companys won't hire me when im still under docs care,so not my fault i cant work!

and sorry for misspelling and improper grammer but have lot stuff going on and cant think clearly sorry

Last edited:

Ladyback1

well i had surgery on my left knee had mcl replaced my acl repaired and there was another tendent repaired,im still under docters care,and i have a lawyer because they cut me off of my workers comp, so im disabled but not on disability lawyers taking care of it its confusing me so far its permanant having lots of pain and loss 60 percent of muscle,it was being took out of workers comp check but they cut me off cause docter said they couldnt replicate my work condition in physical therapy so he sent me back to work under limited work duties,well 4 days after i went back to work under limited duty my company finished there contract and they laid me off due to lack of work!cant work cause other companys won't hire me when im still under docs care,so not my fault i cant work!

and sorry for misspelling and improper grammer but have lot stuff going on and cant think clearly sorry
How long has this been going on?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">