• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmoml

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I have been going through the Broward County Family Courts since 2004 when my ex-filed for divorce. He walked out leaving me with the mortgage and all the bills. He never paid any child support. We were divorced in July 2005 and did not get a hearing on timesharing and suppport until August 2007. He never supplied any financial information and was awadred a minimum child support. Although I am the custodian of our child, he lists himself as such and obtain state funded insurance for our child. I the custodian cannot even access my sons insurance account. He fell behind in child support and I got into huge debt. Every lawyer I had failed to follow through on helping me. I had no choice but to stay with him to get out of debt. He abated the support order and we shared expenses. Then because he is not a US Citizen he tried to get me to remarry him and sign papers for him. We fought constantly and I realized it was not going to work. He went on online dating sites and found an attorney from Orlando end of March 2010 and conversed via phone and internet. I found out by accident when he left his computer open one day. On the day of my son's graduation June 2010, I returned to the place I was staying with him and our son. He had changed all the locks and told me not to come back and that he would pick up our son from daycare. That same week he married this internet woman, whom he did not even know, maybe they met one time. Well I had no where to go but to stay with a family member. Since I am the primary custodian of our child, I registered him in school where I was staying. He took me to court contesting the school. I had to spend 1500 to retain a lawyer. Everything I have done that was good for our son like put him into swimming, tennis and soccer, he and his lawyer have used against me. It is now almost August 2011, I still have no child support order. He is still fighting me about changing the timesharing with our child. He does anything he wants and gets away with murder. I have no money for a lawyer and the judge will not even listen to what I have to say. I know this is quite complicated but if anyone can help me, I really need a guardian angel right now.

I need a miracle now.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I have been going through the Broward County Family Courts since 2004 when my ex-filed for divorce. He walked out leaving me with the mortgage and all the bills. He never paid any child support. We were divorced in July 2005 and did not get a hearing on timesharing and suppport until August 2007. He never supplied any financial information and was awadred a minimum child support. Although I am the custodian of our child, he lists himself as such and obtain state funded insurance for our child. I the custodian cannot even access my sons insurance account. He fell behind in child support and I got into huge debt. Every lawyer I had failed to follow through on helping me. I had no choice but to stay with him to get out of debt. He abated the support order and we shared expenses. Then because he is not a US Citizen he tried to get me to remarry him and sign papers for him. We fought constantly and I realized it was not going to work. He went on online dating sites and found an attorney from Orlando end of March 2010 and conversed via phone and internet. I found out by accident when he left his computer open one day. On the day of my son's graduation June 2010, I returned to the place I was staying with him and our son. He had changed all the locks and told me not to come back and that he would pick up our son from daycare. That same week he married this internet woman, whom he did not even know, maybe they met one time. Well I had no where to go but to stay with a family member. Since I am the primary custodian of our child, I registered him in school where I was staying. He took me to court contesting the school. I had to spend 1500 to retain a lawyer. Everything I have done that was good for our son like put him into swimming, tennis and soccer, he and his lawyer have used against me. It is now almost August 2011, I still have no child support order. He is still fighting me about changing the timesharing with our child. He does anything he wants and gets away with murder. I have no money for a lawyer and the judge will not even listen to what I have to say. I know this is quite complicated but if anyone can help me, I really need a guardian angel right now.

I need a miracle now.
In my opinion, you should open a case with Child Support Enforcement. I read that as you had a CS order granted in 2005, but he hasn't paid on it at all (or stopped paying a long time ago). You say that he abated the order... did he do this legally through the courts and get it signed by the judge? Or did he just not pay it?

If he just didn't pay it, all you have to do is take your case number to CSE and they'll work their magic for you, for free.

If he abated it legally through the courts, since it is an old order and he did not supply income information, you could also ask them if they can re-do the CS worksheet by obtaining his current income (and yours of course). They can set up support orders for you. They will not, however, deal with the visitation portion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">