• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some info for a friend in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmaniac

What is the name of your state? florida
ok here it is short and sweet.if a father gives up his parental rights can they still be made to pay child support?my friend has a baby with a dead beat that promises her litle girl he will come see her and never shows.she wants him to relinquish his rights so she isnt obligated to let him see the child but needs the child support to live.what can she do? thanks

topshelfhaha

tlmaniac said:
What is the name of your state? florida
ok here it is short and sweet.if a father gives up his parental rights can they still be made to pay child support?my friend has a baby with a dead beat that promises her litle girl he will come see her and never shows.she wants him to relinquish his rights so she isnt obligated to let him see the child but needs the child support to live.what can she do? thanks

Gee the idea here would be, " I want your money but I dont want you around". Maybe she should have thought about that before she bred with him. Hmmm? You know next time around when she has an urge to give birth to a child she cannot afford on her own, she can run right down to the sperm donor clinic and pick out what ever she wants.

AHA

tlmaniac said:
.what can she do? thanks
Has she even filed for child support?
She can't have the cake and eat it to. She needs to get a job, or a better paying one, or a second one if she can't survive without cs.

tlmaniac

thats kinda what i thought.she is just tired of this ******* hurting their kid by saying he is coming to see her or pick her up and never shows crushing the little girl.she tells me he wasnt like that while they were maried but since devorce he has forgotten about his child.except when he wants to show up drunk at midnight looking for something else.yes she does get court ordered cs and he has visitations he never keeps.

haiku

marie antoinette is alive and well, and living in florida!

man, when will people learn, if you need child support to SURVIVE, why the heck are you having kids******************************************...

AHA

tlmaniac said:
yes she does get court ordered cs and he has visitations he never keeps.
Well, if she's so dependent on the cs, then she'll just have to accept everything that comes with it. Just because daddy has been granted visitation by the court, does not mean that he HAS to use it. But mommy CAN'T refuse the visitation, or she'll be in contempt.

She needs to improve her financial situation because kids don't get cheaper with age.

MrsK

haiku said:
man, when will people learn, if you need child support to SURVIVE, why the heck are you having kids******************************************...
Exactly.

What would OP's "friend" do if Dad decided to stop paying all on his own?

Sorry, OP, but your if your friend wants c/s, she's gonna have to deal with dad. Too bad, so sad. Next time, dont get pregnant.

GrowUp!

haiku said:
Never because the child support system supports this behavior. If the mother is a piece of trash who's only skills are telling you to push the "debit" or "credit" button, then the financial burden falls onto the other parent. I can't decide which is the most abused system in this country: Welfare or child support. But I digress...

MrsK

GrowUp! said:
Never because the child support system supports this behavior. If the mother is a piece of trash who's only skills are telling you to push the "debit" or "credit" button, then the financial burden falls onto the other parent. I can't decide which is the most abused system in this country: Welfare or child support. But I digress...
Excellent point. I used to think it was the welfare system, but as time goes on, I am starting to think the child support system is MUCH more flawed & abused. Also, while some people just abuse welfare, you will often see CP's (almost ALWAYS mothers in this case, you dont usually see a dad with custody, receiving welfare AND c/s from a NCP mom) abusing both welfare AND child support at the same time. Its like some of these mom's have no other skill except popping out a baby (maybe two) with a different daddy until they are receiving support from 2 or 3 men, plus getting welfare, and then they dont work, or its not a job thats going to get them anywhere. Very sad.

ceara19

michellethegrea said:
my husband was the original poster on this thread i have no knowledge of any of our friends having this problem furthermore if he has spent enough time in a friendship with said person why did he not tell his wife of 10 yrs and it makes me angry that he is worried over someone elses kid but barely spends quality time with his own seems like a child support question in the making to me how about you :mad:
tlmaniac is your HUSBAND!?!?! :eek: :eek: If you really think that he is asking this question for HIS benefit and not the "friend", you should start your own thread and find out how to file for a divorce and how to get temporary orders for custody and child support!!!

Neal1421

michellethegrea said:
and theres more we are 4 mos. into trying to have a second kid it just freaks me out not knowing i thought we were happy and now i just dont know things have been so good then i go to search something online and find he has been searching child support laws and parental rights im going to confront him today i only hope he doesnt try to stick me with 2 kids and no income see im a stay at home mom have been for 8 yrs now so it would be hard for me to find a good paying job after being out of the market for so long I have devoted my entire life to this family and now to see our future hanging in the balance all that we have worked so hard for so long to achieve. And not knowing for sure if I am pregnant or not its killing me i have to know what is going on because if hes having doubts like this he shouldve told me before now i mean i have already started picking out nursery furniture i even have namesand our daughter is so excited to be a big sister not to mention her birthday is in 2and a half weeks so i have to get ready for that as well and we have a nephew who will be living with us come september so now what the heck am i gonna do
It's simple, don't have another kid until you know what is going on. Also, it's time you go get a job just in case he does leave so that you won't be left with nothing.

Just my opinion.

AHA

michellethegrea said:
so now what the heck am i gonna do
Get on the birth control pill TODAY and then have a discussion with hubby and find out what's going on.

ceara19

AHA said:
Get on the birth control pill TODAY and then have a discussion with hubby and find out what's going on.
Or get on the pill and say nothing. If it is her husband and she is correct in her line of thinking, she'll find out as soon as he comes back to check his responses and sees that he's been busted!

AHA

ceara19 said:
Or get on the pill and say nothing. If it is her husband and she is correct in her line of thinking, she'll find out as soon as he comes back to check his responses and sees that he's been busted!
Any marriage that only communicates on an internet discussion forum is dead in the water IMHO.

MrsK

michellethegrea said:
okay first of all it may already be to late for the not having anymore kids thing and that really doesnt matter I will find a way to take care of what ever comes up it just really makes me angry he didnt share this info with me if he was having second thoughts i was on the pill for seven years it has taken me over a year to get my cycles regulated enough to get pregnant i will never take the pill again it almost made me infertile from being on it so long and it gave me high blood pressure. second i am pretty convinced this person isnt my hubby and is probably either a person from his work or his latest screw buddy see we have an open relationship butthere are rules i told him i was fine with one night stands but no relationships the loves all mine
Sounds like someone who has too much free time on their hands. In other words...a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">