• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never been court ordered to pay child support but have constantly paid child will be

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fxjoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My.
I have never been court ordered to pay child support but have paid .child will be 21 and I plan on stopping .can she take me to court after child is 21 and claim that I never paid if I have proof

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My.
I have never been court ordered to pay child support but have paid .child will be 21 and I plan on stopping .can she take me to court after child is 21 and claim that I never paid if I have proof
What state is My? In most places she can't take you after the child turns 18 to court for support.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Even if she takes you to court, it is unlikely any cs would be awarded for the time *before* she filed.

Furthermore, if she petitions for CS at this late date, and she claims you've never paid squat while you're standing there with proof of your payments, guess who looks less credible? Because any fool would know that she's only going in because she's worried about the payments *stopping*.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">