• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Child Support Order..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedAdvice99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK

I have a new child support order in place that states it begins on Nov 1.. I have not gotten anything from my employer yet stating its going to start being taken out of my paycheck. I don't get another paycheck until Nov 10, so my question is can anyone explain to me how this would work? There's no way I can start payments until that paycheck, so do i wait until they begin taking it from my paycheck or how does that work? I've already called the state and they just keep saying that my employer should be getting the paperwork, but that was a week ago and still nothing.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK

I have a new child support order in place that states it begins on Nov 1.. I have not gotten anything from my employer yet stating its going to start being taken out of my paycheck. I don't get another paycheck until Nov 10, so my question is can anyone explain to me how this would work? There's no way I can start payments until that paycheck, so do i wait until they begin taking it from my paycheck or how does that work? I've already called the state and they just keep saying that my employer should be getting the paperwork, but that was a week ago and still nothing.
They will start taking it out of the first paycheck after Nov. 10. Since there's an order in place, it's largely out of your hands, so stop worrying about it. What I would do is watch your paycheck carefully. If they don't take it out of the Nov 10 paycheck, simply set that money aside somewhere and then contact CSE to tell them that it wasn't done properly (or ask your employer). Then, if they take extra out of the following paychecks, you'll have the cash to get by.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">