• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new york to florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mecalianos

What is the name of your state? new york
my exhusband lives in florida and is currently not paying child support. my daughter is now 9 years old and we divorced when she was 2.
i would like to go after child support, but have the following questions.
he has not seen our daughter since she was one.
will he be able to obtain visitation if i am awarded child support?
will i have to send my daughter to him in florida for visitation, even though he hasn't seen or had any contact with her at all, if i am awarded child support?

brisgirl825

He can try to get visitation now. However, I think that he won't do that until you start enforcing the order for cs. He seems content to leave things the way they are, once that changes, he'll likely want his rights as well.

CS and visitation are two separate issues. So going after the support won't give him visitations rights, only he can file for them. He'll likely get supervised visits to begin with and work up to her going out of the state for extended periods of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">