• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Child Support Agreed Upon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WildCntryTX

What is the name of your state? TX

I am going through a divorce and we have a 2 yr old son involved. WE both agreed that we do not need to have any child support involved since I already have him half the time and I support him with healthcare, clothing, and just about everything else. Well, the papers were all drawn up and it clearly states that there will be no child support. She took the paperwork to the judge to get it finalized and the judge ordered that there must be child support involved. Can the judge do that although both parties agreed that there will be no child support?

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

WildCntryTX said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I am going through a divorce and we have a 2 yr old son involved. WE both agreed that we do not need to have any child support involved since I already have him half the time and I support him with helathcare, clothing, and just about everything. Well, the papers were all drawn up and it clearly states that there will be no child support. She took the paperwork to the judge to get it finalized and the judge ordered that there must be child support involved. Can the judge do that although both parties agreed that there will be no child support?
Yes. The parents cannot deny the child's right to support. However, whoever is receiving the support can send it back to the payer. The court doesn't need to know about it.

WildCntryTX

VeronicaGia said:
Yes. The parents cannot deny the child's right to support. However, whoever is receiving the support can send it back to the payer. The court doesn't need to know about it.
Well, I do support him more than she does. I have him half the time and I pay for his healthcare, clothing, and alot of other things. If child support happens, then I would not be able to afford to even see him anymore. That is not in the best interest of the child. I might as well get custody of him. The judge would not listen to the mother at all.

We are going back in there tomorrow to see if it can be worked out. The mother and I get along and we are only thinking of our son in all this mess. We also want this divorce over with as quickly as possible.

The courts make it so much worse for the child and the parties involved when both parties are in agreement. There is no need for that. If both parties are in agreement and it is in the best interest of the child, then why complicate things and cause friction?

kat1963

Healthcare is part of child support. Was this mentioned in your agreement? Was a formal parenting plan submitted?

KAT

WildCntryTX

kat1963 said:
Healthcare is part of child support. Was this mentioned in your agreement? Was a formal parenting plan submitted?

KAT
Yes, healthcare is mentioned and explained thoroughly in the divorce papers. No formal parenting plan was submitted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">