• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no money no assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littlewoman

What is the name of your state?
fm california

my boyfriend fm california
no money no assets, self employed at home n sharing 3days custody , owed child supports 26 months, received a suspended driving liscense, how's he going to work if he can't drive, his ex wife married again n earning more than my boyfriend n a very good life

Last edited:

n_and

So? He should have thought about all of this before he did whatever it was to get a suspended license. If he's self employed and makes no money, looks like it's time to get another job. Good for the ex for remarrying and having a good life. If he owes back CS, he's gotta pay it.
Just a note - 'n' is not a word, and you did NOT provide a legal question. Are you asking what he can do to get out of paying CS?

VeronicaGia

Or are you asking if you can force the new wife to pay up? No, the new wife is not responsible for your child. She could make millions, it makes no difference.

Yes, he is responsible for that money to be paid. If he is self employed, that is his problem, often self employed, means lazy and avoiding child support.

Yes, I am for real. Are you? Are you even frickin legal . You cant type English, so I assume you cant speak it either./
Self employed is often a cop out to avoid taxes, and child support. Very few people are successfully self employed.
He is ordered to pay, it will pile up on you every year, and it will come back to bite him. Who should pay to raise the child? Me? Or its father? You and its father will have to cough it up. Somehow your living, arent you ? What about his kid. He/she is infinately more important than you are.
:rolleyes:

Oh, and his ex wife could have married Bill Gates for all the law cares. You and he will still have to pay child support whatever the amount.

HomeGuru

prettyredhead said:
Yes, I am for real. Are you? Are you even frickin legal . You cant type English, so I assume you cant speak it either./
Self employed is often a cop out to avoid taxes, and child support. Very few people are successfully self employed.
He is ordered to pay, it will pile up on you every year, and it will come back to bite him. Who should pay to raise the child? Me? Or its father? You and its father will have to cough it up. Somehow your living, arent you ? What about his kid. He/she is infinately more important than you are.

Oh, and his ex wife could have married Bill Gates for all the law cares. You and he will still have to pay child support whatever the amount.

**A: can't type English? You need spell and grammar check.

nextwife

" often self employed, means lazy and avoiding child support."

Jeez. Not necessarilly. A heck of a lot of the world is self-employed - and there is no CS in the picture at all.

My dad was always self-employed. He was married to my mother and self-employed meant we ADJUSTED our spending during slow times. It meant we had no government body guarantying us that one's household income always stays the same and never waivers regardless of whether one's business is in slow time, one is sick, or one is putting time spent with their children ahead of having more income and more things the kids never needed in the first place, but merely wanted at the moment. Being self-employed can mean that one has more flexibility in the time available to devote to activities with their children.

I was self-employed for over a decade and I was, and am not now, lazy. I support my child, and before her, I supported my now grown son alone after my first husband died, I bought my house and stashed away my savings. DH's ex is no less capable than I, and has no less education.

Yes, if he is not doing his share to support his child, he should be, but that has nothing to do with a "legal stranger's" responsibilty to support his children. If we are going to start EXPECTING support from spouses of NCPS we'd better also be prepared to confer some form of parental rights to them. WE can't claim they have a parental financial obligation and at the same time claim they are nobody to the child.

Last edited:

n_and

prettyredhead said:

Can you read? Yes, occasionally I misspell or type incorrectly. Am I legal? Again, learn to read. As far as typing English goes, I'm a-okay. Had you taken the time to coherently read not only the post, but the user name as well, you would have come to the obvious deduction that I am not the OP. Ergo, I will be paying nothing in CS. Care to revise your post so it makes a little more sense? Not to mention, as nextwife already stated, if I WAS the OP, still, I would not be paying CS.

My father, as well, has been self-employed for as long as I can remember. My parents have been divorced for 12 years. CS was never a problem. A friend of mine owns her own salon. She also has 2 children. Lazy? Not in the least. Bill Gates? Self employed. Lazy? No, I don't think he is. The man I work for? Also self-employed, and far from lazy. I could keep going, but I don't care to. Open your ignorant eyes to the world around you. 1/2 of America is self-employed. Often, self-employed means 'trying to get somewhere in life', success, and self-gratification. :rolleyes:

S

ShalomSteph

I earn more than my ex husband. That doesn't mean he doesn't have to pay child support. If she remarried someone with money, why should her new husband have to provide for your boyfriend's child?
If your boyfriend is self employed and has no money, then maybe he needs to get a better job.
I am also assuming that since your b/f is self employed, he isn't providing medical insurance, either. So probably his ex wife or her husband is doing that.
If they took away his driver's license, that means he hasn't even tried to pay it or work with the state to get it adjusted.
Maybe you should dump him before you get pregnant with his kid. Or maybe you will be more understanding when you need the money and he doesn't have it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">