• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Custodial Parent unemployed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fournierduo

What is the name of your state? California
Non custodial Parent has filed for relief or modification due to being out of work for 10 months and claims he can not find a job, wants child support reduced/eliminated. We have a court date in June, I have responded with a request to impute based on the fact that he has a background in Aerospace/10+ years as a mechanic. I have had my job for 20 years and I have full custody of our 11 year old son, Non Cust. Parent has not visits our son since Nov 2005, I have him 100% of the time.

Will the judge eliminate his support to our son just because he claims he can not find a job?

Note: I pulled up 57 jobs online in his county today that he is qualified for.

ldkuhns

I don't know much about California law, in most states the NCP has to prove that he cannot find a job, which will be difficult. I would bring your job search to the hearing/conference showing that positions are available. He will have to prove that his unemployment is involuntary. Hopefully somebody on here who has knowledge of CA law will respond as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">