• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-custodial parents wants to relinquish rights because of child support-- AK & MO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srsluttrell87

Non-custodial parents wants to relinquish rights because of child support-- AK & MO

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska And Missouri

Insight to questions:
My ex husband was never part of the divorce,custody, or child support and has never attempted to make contact or refused to visit when I and my current husband of 5 yrs offered to him. He fled the state of Alaska to South Carolina during divorce/custody in Oct 2007. I was granted sole legal and physical custody of our son...The judge put visitation up to my discretion since ex-husband is mentally not right, into drugs, had no part in divorce/custody, had a hard time finding him in SC to serve paperwork etc.

The ex was always on the run hiding from me UNLESS his wages or tax refund was garnished then he'll contact me, complain, and ask why I took his money.
I and my current husband lived in Alaska from 2005-2011 but left back to my husbands homestate of MO when he got out of military. My exhusband lived in Alaska from 2004-2007, left for SC then moved back to AK 2008-current. He never updates his contact info with court or child support, I always have to do background checks to find him if he hasnt contacted me to complain about garnishement of child support etc.

While we where still living up in Alaska during 2010 & 2011 my current husband and I was able to make contact with ex to sign over his rights since we could have gotten help through military for stepparent adpotion but ex-husband DENIED to sign over rights because it was his son but last time he saw our son was June 2007 and I've never stopped him from visitation. His weekley/monthly girlfriends, drugs, drinking, video games where more important to him.

We cant afford a lawyer nor free legal aid will help us while living in MO to even attempt the step-parent child adoption and current husband is like we asked the ex before and he denied to sign over rights.

So, now 1/09/2015 ex-husband wants to sign over right because owing and paying child support is a burden causing him to be homeless, be evicted from not paying rent due to owing child support and his other supposed children have not seen a dime of child support, only our child we had together has seen child support.
Granted the ex is 23K behind pays only when the state of Alaska can catch him working to garnish his wages or come tax time his tax refund is garnished.
He spends money on pot/other drugs, drinking, video games, tattoos etc.

Recently Jan 2015 the state of Alaska child support has increased the support amount and included the medical credit since I pay for private insurance.

Questions:
Where does jursidiction take place? Does it take place only in AK or both AK & MO? I've lived in MO since Nov 2011.

Can the ex-husband sign over his rights just because child support is a burden? He can pay if he can hold down a job but once child support is garnished he quits that job and moves on to another one or a job working under the table or he doesnt get a job at all and complains about being homeless. He has blamed me, our son, and child support from him getting a job too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">