• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non custodial rights in ky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bgky

I am a non custodial parent in ky. I have been orderd to pay 400 a month in cs and i only make 7 hr 40hr a week. when my child support was set i was making about twice as much. In june of this year my ex wife got a EPO against me and we had joint custody. I have since lost my job and am making the 7hr. I am getting behind on my child support im like 1500 behind. I think i may have bench warrant for me , I am asking what my rights are as far as, my ex wife has said she wants the cs to not even be there, so is the only way i can get the childsupport ended is by signing over my rights or can we agree on that. Also my divorce decree she was not working now she is an and almost making what i am. She has never notified the court that she is working. If she tells me she doesnt want me to pay child support how can i get this matter resolved. Oh and by the way I can not afford an attorney and i do not qualify for legal aid. Please help I need some assistance.
\

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
When you lost your job - did you file for a modification? When you found out that she's now working - did you file for a modification? She can waive the arrears if she wants to (assuming none of it is owed to the state), and can return future CS to you if she wants to (which is better for you than a simple agreement that you not pay it - she can always come back for it at a later date).

In short - you need to find out what to file for a mod and go do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">