• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Able To Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jay boland

What is the name of your state? TEXAS I HAVE HAD TROUBLE FINDING A JOB THAT I CAN PAY THE CHILD SUPPORT I OWE .I PAID IT FOR A LONG TIME BUT WITH THE CHANGES I CANT NOW.I AM DEPRESSED THAT I CANT HELP TAKE CARE OF MY DAUGHTER BUT NOW I FEEL I AM GOING TO JAIL AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO .PLEASE HELP ME AND MY DAUGHTER.What is the name of your state?

jay boland

jay boland said:
What is the name of your state? TEXAS I HAVE HAD TROUBLE FINDING A JOB THAT I CAN PAY THE CHILD SUPPORT I OWE .I PAID IT FOR A LONG TIME BUT WITH THE CHANGES I CANT NOW.I AM DEPRESSED THAT I CANT HELP TAKE CARE OF MY DAUGHTER BUT NOW I FEEL I AM GOING TO JAIL AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO .PLEASE HELP ME AND MY DAUGHTER.What is the name of your state?
the state is texas

ceara19

jay boland said:
the state is texas
Nice to see that you found the Caps Lock on your keyboard.

If you are so far behind in CS that you are going to jail, you really shouldn't have waited so long to try and find a solution. You don't give nearly enough detail to actually offer any helpful information.

When was the CS order issued?
How far behind are you in support?
How much are you ordered to pay per month?
How much do you currently earn?
How much did you earn at the time the order was first issued?
Has the order been modified at any point?
If so, when?

There may be more information needed, but answering these question would help if you'd like to get a useful answer.

jay boland

ceara19 said:
Nice to see that you found the Caps Lock on your keyboard.sorry am not a computer person

If you are so far behind in CS that you are going to jail, you really shouldn't have waited so long to try and find a solution. You don't give nearly enough detail to actually offer any helpful information.i understand i should not have waited i did and this is the mess i am now.

When was the CS order issued?in 1996
How far behind are you in support?apx.10.000 for over the years but also have not been able to pay the last three months
How much are you ordered to pay per month?688.00 a month
How much do you currently earn?i tried to sale insurance for two months and did not make anything i am starting a job on frieday of this week making 10.00 a hour
How much did you earn at the time the order was first issued?apx.40,000 a year
Has the order been modified at any point?no only asking me to pay what i owe in back pay
If so, when?

There may be more information needed, but answering these question would help if you'd like to get a useful answer.
thanks if you can help are for atleast taking the time you did

jay boland

stealth2 said:
It would be easier to help if you at least answered the questions asked.
this is my first time to use somthing like this i answered the questions at the end of each one

ceara19

stealth2 said:
It would be easier to help if you at least answered the questions asked.
He answered in the quote, it just blended in.

One more question though, what is the reason that you are no longer earning the $40K/yr. Were you laid off, voluntarily quit, etc.?

jay boland

ceara19 said:
He answered in the quote, it just blended in.

One more question though, what is the reason that you are no longer earning the $40K/yr. Were you laid off, voluntarily quit, etc.?
the company closed

Gracie3787

jay boland said:
the company closed
You need to file for a modification of the CS ASAP. Be sure to have documentation that shows that your employer went out of business to prove that your job loss was not voluntary.

ceara19

Gracie3787 said:
You need to file for a modification of the CS ASAP. Be sure to have documentation that shows that your employer went out of business to prove that your job loss was not voluntary.
You also need to contact the collecting agency ASAP. In Texas it's probably the OAG. They cannot do anything about the past due support, it will have to be paid, but they WILL make payment arangements. The Texas OAG has only put a handful of parents in jail for failure to pay child support and they only use it as a last resort. So, as long as you are working and able to pay the current support (once the modification is made) and at least a little each month on the arrears, the chances of going to jail are slim.

If you think you might have ANY chance at ALL of mom agreeing, you (or you can ask the OAG to present it to mom) can ask if she will "forgive" a portion of the arrears or even agree to waive interest on the amount. The worst that can happen is she says no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">