• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not on birth cert

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny

My daughters father is not listed on the birth cert. she is 10 yrs old. her father has accepted she is his and has never doubted me. He's not on the cert because he was in prison at the time of her birth, now it is 10 yrs later and i cant even get him to call her once a week.

I have not sued him yet for child support, i have'nt asked much of him, just show some interest in her. just call her. i thought that was reasonable and fair, but he has not even tried. :mad:

I am ready to sue for support. What kind of problems will I run into without him being listed? how about that he has no job.

He wants to move out of state (supposedly for work) and i want to get him before he does that. Where do I start?

thanks. :cool:

Zephyr

Go down to csea in your county and tell them you would like to file for child support, they will give you the forms and open a case.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny

My daughters father is not listed on the birth cert. she is 10 yrs old. her father has accepted she is his and has never doubted me. He's not on the cert because he was in prison at the time of her birth, now it is 10 yrs later and i cant even get him to call her once a week.

I have not sued him yet for child support, i have'nt asked much of him, just show some interest in her. just call her. i thought that was reasonable and fair, but he has not even tried. :mad:

I am ready to sue for support. What kind of problems will I run into without him being listed? how about that he has no job.

He wants to move out of state (supposedly for work) and i want to get him before he does that. Where do I start?

thanks. :cool:
You could also file in Family Court , but CSEA would be of better help perhaps , unless you hire an attorney .

New York State family court forms

Forms

Either Paternity would have to be established , or an acknowledgment from the Father in court .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">