• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not a legal question, But a good idea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brokenheartedad

What is the name of your state? Co
What is really need is to put a bill before the politicians to pull some of the teeth from DHS & CS. The old adage absolute power corrupts absolutely defiantly applies to these groups. The federal government needs to be pulled out of the equation entirely and states need to implement reasonable payment solutions instead of some ridiculous assumption that anyone could survive on as little as 35% of their of their gross monthly income. Legal allowances need to be made for new families of non-custodial parents, and in general the laws need to be modified to be fair to both the paying parent and the child. The children’s needs do come first but not to the expense of the non-custodial parents legal right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If you have to give up most of your income to an unfair persecution these inalienable rights have been trampled on and have been done in the guise that it is for the children. It is in fact a travesty committed on the non-custodial parents of the U.S. by our own elected politicians to kowtow to a particularly loud special interest group of feminist that even if they are the reason the relationship is over are still mad at the father in most cases and to a much lesser extent the mother.

The best plan of action would be to follow these steps:
1: Stop whining and complaining about the situation and do something!
2: Start your own grass routes campaign, find others in your area that in the same boat as you and start a petition to get the laws changed. Not a quick fix by any means but none the less the best way to get things started.
3: Get your local media involved, this will get the more people involved that you couldn’t reach by just word of mouth. Also and more to the point it gets the attention of local politicians better than anything else you could do and it is FREE!!! The liberal government and the feminist have used the media to portray us as deadbeats and unfit for years; it is our turn. I know this doesn’t sound easy but it truly is as easy as a phone call to the local T.V. stations and telling them of your plight. (Be relentless though; DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!) Most stations have websites where you can get the email and direct lines to the anchors and reporters, use them. (A lot if necessary) Don’t just go in with the lame sob story of, “I am pissed because I have to pay for my kid and my “X” gets to live like a queen and I don’t get to see my kid.” Please give it a break, do your homework, find out how many people in your area are paying child support, get an average income for the people paying the child support and average of what they pay per-month. Get details, do any of these people have new families, any new kids, how many of them are below poverty due to there child support. Then you can tell how it is directly affecting you; again don’t say it will prevent you from taking some elaborate vacation or some other stupid thing like that, you will only hurt the rest of us and make yourself look like exactly what the media has made you look like. Make your voice heard but don’t sound like some vengeful jerk or an idiot. The secret to winning people (media) over is simple be concise, honest, and above all sincere. Don’t try to make out like all non-custodial parents are good people and want to pay their support, instead tell them that the majority of people would be more than willing to if it wasn’t set by an unfair calculation that doesn’t take into any effect of ones person finances or obligations, or the fact that it is putting the people in to sever financial distress.
4: Group Emails. Your local government, state government, and yes the federal government all have websites, and on those websites is ways including email addresses for the people you want to get your message across to. Post them on website that anyone in your state can find. If you want make a blog up so people who stumble across your site by accident can see what you’re trying to do and if they want can sign your petition, or donate their time to the cause.
5: Don’t be afraid, whenever you do something like what I have outlined you will find people who want to be argumentative, it is human nature. DO NOT BACK DOWN to these people. Instead be very kind and even go so far as to say that you are sorry for wasting there time. You will find that the next person that comes by will be more susceptible to lesson to what you have to say if you do not seem combative in anyway but you have your information right there for people to see and know what you are talking about. After all we are trying to get our plight out to the masses, not piss off the minority and the ill-informed.

I might not have said what you want to hear, but it is what I am doing

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">