• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure what this date means...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lovemydghtr4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I was recently in court because I filed for child support. The hearing was basic and quick and child support was set. Custody has not been established, we were never married.

My daughter's father is mad at the fact that I filed for support so he's been threatening to file for custody. He told me he filed and that there's a hearing sometime in January. I've called the court several times, just to make sure, and they say there's no custody hearing. However, on my child support court document, it says "speculated 01/31/12 @ 11:00am" and it is handwritten.

Judge didn't say anything about another hearing. The court said our child support case has been finalized.

Am I missing something?

ecmst12

Duplicate post.

Don't start multiple threads about the same situation. Keep all related questions in your original thread.

lovemydghtr4

I apologize. I wasn't sure if I should have posted it under child support rather than child custody since it has to do with child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">