• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notarized document as proof of agreed child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kiddosmomma

Florida- My childs father and I settled outside of court (we were never married) for custody and child support for my daughter two years ago. I have a signed and notarized agreement between he and I that states he will pay a certain amount of child support every month, and also states what his days (nights) with her are. He has now "decided" to cut the amount he pays me by 2/3's because he has another son with with wife and one other on the way. Will my document hold up in court as proof that this is what HE agreed on and should have to pay? Thanks in advance!

Silverplum

Florida- My childs father and I settled outside of court (we were never married) for custody and child support for my daughter two years ago. I have a signed and notarized agreement between he and I that states he will pay a certain amount of child support every month, and also states what his days (nights) with her are. He has now "decided" to cut the amount he pays me by 2/3's because he has another son with with wife and one other on the way. Will my document hold up in court as proof that this is what HE agreed on and should have to pay? Thanks in advance!
No, it won't.

(I already answered you under "CUSTODY," then saw this one. We don't encourage multiple/duplicate posts, so please don't continue that practice, thanks.)

kiddosmomma

Sorry, I didn't intend to post a duplicate but realized I was under the wrong forum for the first round and was unsure how to remove it. I'm brand new to this site.

Silverplum

Sorry, I didn't intend to post a duplicate but realized I was under the wrong forum for the first round and was unsure how to remove it. I'm brand new to this site.
:) It's fine.

Without court orders, neither of you have settled rights. You don't have to allow visitation/parenting time without a court ordering it; he doesn't have to pay a dime without a court ordering it.

We always suggest that court orders protect everyone: Mom, Dad, and Child/ren. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">