• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining Financial Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wnagel

What is the name of your state? KS

My attorney sent interrogatories to my ex-wife. She refused to answer more than half the questions. Three months later at a hearing, the Judge went through their objections and ordered them to answer the questions. Being married to this POS, I know she has hidden assets. Anyway, she still failed to turn over the info. I filed a contempt on her failure to turn over the info and the Judge said that we would hear this at a hearing (3 months later) for emancipation for another son. At the hearing, the entire time was devoted to the emancipation and there was nothing done about the contempt. At the end of the hearing, the Judge declared she was not found guilty of contempt. Hmmm... Yes, I did the last part pro'se. Should I refile file the contempt? Or is this the way to hide your assests and not have to divulge your true worth? BTW - we have tried for 10 years (3 different attorneys) to get her financial information and have failed each time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">