• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio child support raised my support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gndhog

Ohio,
2 years ago 2009 I went in for a review to have my support lowered from $433.00 per month ( I was in the rears $2800.00 or so)with my tax returns for the last two years. I am self employeed and grossed $70 K before taxes. Instead the child support supervisor started making comments that i looked like i could pay and made a comment regarding my watch i was wearing (a timex) mind you a gift from my son. I ask whats that got to do with me being here for my review? He literally ask me to leave and raised my support to $1100.00 per month without even looking at my taxes and i later found out that it was based it on my being a CEO of a fortune 500 company with statistics from the bureau a labor and statistics. Needless to say its been all down hill from there and I now have a felony (11/2011) for non support aprrox $34K in the rears.
btw I did try with an attorney to get it lowered after that only to find out at court that this gentlemans license was suspended!
any help would be appriciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CSO286

Ohio,
2 years ago 2009 I went in for a review to have my support lowered from $433.00 per month ( I was in the rears $2800.00 or so)with my tax returns for the last two years. I am self employeed and grossed $70 K before taxes. Instead the child support supervisor started making comments that i looked like i could pay and made a comment regarding my watch i was wearing (a timex) mind you a gift from my son. I ask whats that got to do with me being here for my review? He literally ask me to leave and raised my support to $1100.00 per month without even looking at my taxes and i later found out that it was based it on my being a CEO of a fortune 500 company with statistics from the bureau a labor and statistics. Needless to say its been all down hill from there and I now have a felony (11/2011) for non support aprrox $34K in the rears.
btw I did try with an attorney to get it lowered after that only to find out at court that this gentlemans license was suspended!
Ohio Child Support Calculator - AllLaw.com

ODJFS Online | Child Support

My adivce: Start reading. And get the facts.

The don't arbitrarily raise support simply based on one's job title.

Silverplum

A Timex????

A CEO of a fortune 500 company who only makes $70m a year.

really:rolleyes:
Well, the CEO has a Felony, also:
Ohio,
Is there an appeal process in Ohio for a felony 5? If so what can I do.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/appealing-process-felony-5-ohio-567396.html

Then the next question:
Ohio,
Is it legal for child support to withdraw funds from my/our business bank accounts? The account was setup with our tax id#
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/ohio-child-support-took-money-business-bank-account-567392.html

LdiJ

Ohio,
I can literally guarantee you that a CEO of a Fortune 500 company would pay more than 1100.00 a month in child support.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gndhog

As for the "in arrears." correction, thank you. Thanks again for the links as well.
I'm telling what happened to me just as it happened. If it would not have happened I wouldn't be here. Being a smart ass regarding the situation does nothing for me. If you don't have advice based on experience, please keep your opinions to yourself!

Proserpina

As for the "in arrears." correction, thank you. Thanks again for the links as well.
I'm telling what happened to me just as it happened. If it would not have happened I wouldn't be here. Being a smart ass regarding the situation does nothing for me. If you don't have advice based on experience, please keep your opinions to yourself!

Perhaps if you kept everything in one thread the volunteers here could piece together exactly what's going on....

Just a thought, dear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">