• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio -collecting back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raven1158

After a year and half of trying to get child support, my ex is finally paying regularly through his retirement checks. He has paid some of the back support. He still owes me back support. Because what he owes is not a full payment, the county child support office cannot go after him. Ohio is not a state that charges interest on back support. They have sent "reminder" letters to him, but say that is all they can do. My child is only three. Does this mean if he doesn't want to pay the back support, I have to wait 15 years until the child support runs out to collect this back support. I know it isn't alot of money (only a few hundred dollars), but it is still needed. The child support people just keep telling me that others owe alot more and I should feel grateful that he paid most of the support. I feel it is money that is still owed to us and it is needed very much. After all, he didn't have to pay for the first two years of his child's life. I flipped the bill for all that until I got wise and stopped trying to be nice. I could use any advice I could get. Thanks!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">